1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Scaler Lanczos + other requests:

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
Slice314

Re: Scaler Lanczos + other requests:

Post by Slice314 »

As I understand it, there is no need any longer since now mrmc (latest beta) now downgrades resolution depending on the content.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

It's different. We speak about GUI items scaling, here.
Definitely possible, but will definitely affect performances as well.

Worth a POC, though...
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Slice314 wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 07:37 As I understand it, there is no need any longer since now mrmc (latest beta) now downgrades resolution depending on the content.
This thread was created talking about the ATV4k, which does have more CPU power than the Shield (it'll do yadif deinterlacing of 1080i, shield won't). So, it makes sense that better scalers might work on the ATV4k.
SUPERBIF

Post by SUPERBIF »

koying wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 09:15 It's different. We speak about GUI items scaling, here.
Definitely possible, but will definitely affect performances as well.

Worth a POC, though...
Thanks. This was really a nice addon to SPMC the Lanczos scaling. It was really nice looking.
planetix

Post by planetix »

Lanczos mattered more with older versions of Android TV where you couldn't downgrade resolution on the Shield. Now that you can, your TV/display device will do the proper scaling, and chances are it'll do a better job than even Lanczos did. Even cheap 4k TVs these days, like the TCL series, have very good upscaling qualities. By sending the native resolution of the source, the display will scale it to its native resolution instead of the Shield. The latter doesn't do a particularly good job which is why SPMC included Lanczos originally.
SUPERBIF

Post by SUPERBIF »

Is the scaling option taken into consideration?

The picture on the Shield are better with this and auto resolution change than my Apple TV 4k.
SUPERBIF

Post by SUPERBIF »

Any news on this?