1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Home screen behaviour

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
jabohn

Home screen behaviour

Post by jabohn »

Using the default skin, I'd like to see a slight behaviour change on the home screen to make it act a bit more like a native tvOS app.

Some ideas:
- The Menu button on the remote should take you back to MrMC's menu (Movies, TV Shows etc) no matter where you have scrolled to. For instance, if I have scrolled to the right in Recently Added, to get back to the menu I would currently have to scroll all the way back to the left. If I press the Menu button, it just exits MrMC. Instead, pressing Menu should go back to the the menu. If you press Menu again while in the menu, then it would exit MrMC. This is like most other tvOS apps. It's like one extra step when pressing the Menu button before it exits the app.
- Your selection should be retained after playing an item. Currently if you pick a video from Recently Added or In Progress and play it, when you return to the main screen, that video is no longer selected. The selection has been moved to the Menu instead. It should stay selected on the video you just played.
jabohn

Re: Home screen behaviour

Post by jabohn »

More to add...

- the contextual menu should behave the same way in the "Recents" as if does elsewhere. For instance, Mark as Watched or Unwatched etc.
- choosing an episode or movie from "Recents" where the file is actually missing or moved does nothing. It should react the same as as if you were actually in the TV or Movies sections - throw up the error saying the file is missing and offer to remove the item from the list
- watched status doesn't update in "Recents" until you update your library (I'm using an SMB share and MySQL database)