1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Plex Client update

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
timstephens24

Plex Client update

Post by timstephens24 »

Toggle Server on/off - I would like to set just one server. I currently have two, Home (PMS located in my house) and Away (Plex Cloud). On my tvOS/NVIDIA Shield, I only ever use Home, so I'd like to be able to toggle off my other server which also reduces the clicks to get to Movies/TV Shows. You can already do this with Emby, but not with Plex.
Better poster caching - With over 800+ movies, the current caching method for Plex Movies/TV Shows is severely lacking. I almost always don't see the posters in wall view for a few seconds while they load. If I use an Emby server that's not the case, they all store/stay in the cache, but Plex is constantly needing to reload the posters.
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Plex Client update

Post by davilla »

Both are planned, We like what we did for Emby Client and plan to do the same for Plex Client.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Still no update on toggling the Plex server? Caching seems to have gotten better, though.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

timstephens24 wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 12:04 Still no update on toggling the Plex server? Caching seems to have gotten better, though.
Still planned but busy with focus engine right now.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

timstephens24 wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 12:04 Still no update on toggling the Plex server? Caching seems to have gotten better, though.
I have just compared Emby and Plex servers on the same Synology DS918+; the cashing behaviour is very close with a slight edge to Emby.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Emby client is designed to remember the 1st level folder contents. The Plex client pull from scratch. Both cache thing like thumbs.

This is the behavior that we want bring to Plex client as well as server selection.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

davilla wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 12:57 Emby client is designed to remember the 1st level folder contents. The Plex client pull from scratch. Both cache thing like thumbs.

This is the behavior that we want bring to Plex client as well as server selection.
that until you bring the Emby/Plex-to-MrMC add-on? ;)