1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

[request]WatchedList addon

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
SaEt9000

[request]WatchedList addon

Post by SaEt9000 »

Hi appreciated developers :D

I know, that you spend some time and effort for the implementation of trakt-addon. And as I can see, your where successful.

But I still see some questions here because of different DB-versions for the different kodi-Versiones.
For exactly this situation I am using the WatchedList addon.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:WatchedLis ... Discussion

It is a very small addon witch does nothing else then synching the watched status of different kodi-DBs. Therefore it is not important. whether you have your kodi-DBs in a SQL-DB on a NAS or directly stored on a device.
In the opposit to trakt it needs no internet connection and is much faster and smarter, very reliable and for the home or local use only.

The addon is very smart - it synchs my watched status in only some seconds directly after starting kodi or spcm or whatever. If you have watched an episode or a movie. it synchs your watched-DB or file directly after it.
So I have exact the same watched status on all devices indepenend from database-version.

Beeing a big fan of MrMC what makes my FireTv to a real mediaplayer, it would be really really nice, if you could implement watchedList in MrMC.

Thanks and regards

SaEt9000
RedWolf

Re: [request]WatchedList addon

Post by RedWolf »

I don't trust trakt (reliability) and also they have no APIs for exporting your data (lock-in). I was really missing this plugin, so I created a quick hack to one-way sync data from Mr.MC to a watchedlist compatible format.

In case you're interested: https://github.com/mafredri/kodi-watchedlist-sync

It does require you to use MySQL though. It creates an additional db named watchedlist in the Mr.MC database. It can then be dumped into sqlite3 format and used as a db for the WatchedList plugin. I literally just thew it together and I might or might not improve upon it in the future :roll:.
shasoosh

Post by shasoosh »

Hey,
From my experience, trakt never worked as expected.
Any chance this addon can be reconsidered?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

shasoosh wrote: 04 Jan 2020, 17:29 Hey,
From my experience, trakt never worked as expected.
Any chance this addon can be reconsidered?
I think we would rather work out existing trakt issues. What about trakt never worked as expected ?
shasoosh

Post by shasoosh »

All kind of issues. Duplicates, not syncing between clients, not reporting at all etc'.
It was all pretty random and I was too lazy to debug it.
To be honest it was a while ago.

I'll give it another shot.
RedWolf

Post by RedWolf »

I'm only seeing duplicates for TV-series (not for Movies though). Every page of my trakt history is filled of duplicates, triplicates, fourplicates. And when I skipped back to page 22, I saw a bunch of fiplicates (5x). They are always next to each others and have the same timestamp. I tried to browse a bit but couldn't find a single page that would have contained a TV-show ep without dupes.
RedWolf

Post by RedWolf »

For anyone stumbling upon this, I've forked the WatchedList addon and modififed it so that it can be run remotely against MrMC using (MySQL for storage). It could also quite easily be modified further so that the data is stored in a local sqlite3 database.

The repo is located at: https://github.com/mafredri/kodi-remote-watchedlist

This should work even if MrMC doesn't use MySQL, but the watchedlist is at least stored in MySQL. Note, however, that MrMC needs to be active on e.g. the AppleTV for this to work. It communicates with MrMC via the jsonrpc API.