1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Audio Settings Guide to get HD Audio

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
MychaelP

Audio Settings Guide to get HD Audio

Post by MychaelP » 15 Mar 2017, 15:29

I've read many threads here and posts and still not 100% certain how to use the audio settings within MRMC to get HD audio output to my receiver. I understand that the latest Kodi will not output DTS or DTS Master, but there is a way to set up MRMC to decode it and send it. So maybe a guide in the How To section would be helpful to people, including me?
Thanks for the great app. I personally only used the Cinema Experience addon anyway, so don't miss the others. And for the convenience of having this in the Amazon app store it's worth it for me to no longer have that option.

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Audio Settings Guide to get HD Audio

Post by davilla » 15 Mar 2017, 17:12

Since you mention Amazon, I'll assume you are asking about Amazon devices.
Amazon devices are not capable of setting the audio sample rate to 192kHz, which is required to get HD audio (7.1 channels) passthrough. The best you can do is multichannel PCM. So set audio channels to 7.1 and any HD audio content will decode to multichannel PCM.

For normal DD/DTS (5.1 channels), enable DD and/or DTS passthrough. Depending on your amp (audio receiver), you might be fine with the default IEC format or if not, turn off IEC format or raw passthrough format.

If you really, really need HD audio (7.1 channels) passthrough, then the Nvidia Shield is the only device MrMC supports that can do it.

MychaelP

Post by MychaelP » 16 Mar 2017, 19:32

davilla wrote:
15 Mar 2017, 17:12
Thanks for the quick reply!
Yes, Fire TV Gen-1. Thank you for the reply. I had recently considered ripping my blurays with HD Audio but realized that passthru just worked for 5.1.
Would your suggestion work, if I just left it at PCM for everything? Then I wouldn't have to touch the settings at all once I get them set the way you suggest.
I'm using a Denon X2300w by the way, connected by hdmi. If that helps with the suggestions.

Thanks again,

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 17 Mar 2017, 03:05

yep, should work.

floridajay

Post by floridajay » 25 Sep 2017, 22:52

davilla wrote:
15 Mar 2017, 17:12
Amazon devices are not capable of setting the audio sample rate to 192kHz, which is required to get HD audio (7.1 channels) passthrough. The best you can do is multichannel PCM. So set audio channels to 7.1 and any HD audio content will decode to multichannel PCM.

For normal DD/DTS (5.1 channels), enable DD and/or DTS passthrough. Depending on your amp (audio receiver), you might be fine with the default IEC format or if not, turn off IEC format or raw passthrough format.

If you really, really need HD audio (7.1 channels) passthrough, then the Nvidia Shield is the only device MrMC supports that can do it.
Could you please clarify something for me regarding HD Audio on the Fire TV. I was under the impression that the Fire TV could not do HD Audio. Are you saying that you can get full uncompressed HD audio (DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD) by using multichannel PCM? Also I only have a 5.1 system so if I configure MRMC to use multchannel PCM 5.1 and leave it, are there any negative consequences (vs. using passthrough)other than not seeing the DTS and/or DD lights on my receiver? Thanks.

Jay

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 26 Sep 2017, 01:09

Correct.