1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.8.0 - [Invites Closed]

Old TestFlight threads
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.0 - [Invites Closed]

Post by amet »

jabohn wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 01:57
amet wrote: 19 Feb 2019, 09:15 Screenshot 2019-02-19 13.12.54.png

works here :(
Here's what I see - I just picked 2 shows at random. I'm also wondering why the name of the show isn't visible on the episode screen when there's room at the top for it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ndrcnt3lppdk ... 2.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozxpce9n4xjex ... 1.png?dl=0
just taking a wild guess here , but could it be this setting that you changed? :)
Screenshot 2019-02-20 19.00.10.png
re name of the show, its a clean minimalistic look we are going for... opacity is there with all the bells and whistles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Waltman

Post by Waltman »

Since the latets testbuild video’s start more delayed or even freeze with audio continuing when started from the recently added on the home screen. So with a recent episode on the more screen : The video starts, black screen / stops for a few seconds and than the video starts again. (Or freezes). If i starf the same episode from the series folder or a playlist all is good.

Anyone else seeing this ?
Last edited by Waltman on 21 Feb 2019, 06:29, edited 1 time in total.
SETTOP-BOX :Apple TV 4K
Skin: Ariana
Database: MySQL
NAS: Synolgy DS1513+
Receiver: Maranz 1403 with B&W 3.1 speakers
TV: LG55OLEDC8
jabohn

Post by jabohn »

amet wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 15:01 just taking a wild guess here , but could it be this setting that you changed? :)
That's it! I don't recall changing that...
three6zerocool

Post by three6zerocool »

HDR 10 Video level question.
I have always wondered why HDR and Dolby Vision looked a bit 'dull' when playing content in MrMC.

Out of curiosity, I came across some HDR 10 test patterns from AVS Forums.
A set of user created patterns called 'Mehanik HDR10 test patterns'

For whatever reason, I can not get black level test patterns to display at all correctly with MrMC
(I just see a completely black display instead of a series of flashing bars)
Or ANY of the HDR 10 patterns to play correctly for that matter.

As a test, I changed the AppleTV4k to lock it's output at HDR video format, so that everything effectively is being converted to HDR.
I then tried playing the same test patters, and still got completely crushed black levels, and very poor white levels.

I then Enabled 'use VideoToolbox for 4k HEVC HDR content' from Mr MC's Settings/Videos/Acceleration tab.

Playing the same HDR patterns this time yields really good black levels with nearly all the black bars of the patterns visible.
Likewise, altering MR MC's contrast settings yield amazing white levels, tho it involves setting the contrast into the mid 60's.

It has been advised to not use VideoToolBox because it does not handle HDR colour correctly, tho seemingly it does support correct video levels.

Here is my question: Does this mean that AVFoundation is broken, and is completely crushing both black and white levels in HDR content?, resulting in only mediocre HDR performance?.

VideoToolBox gives great levels, but awful colour, and it also does not trigger the TV into true HDR mode when AppleTV is set to Auto match the range of content. (tho obviously does when locking the TV infto HDR 10)

I only make this comment, as looking at both HDR 10 test patterns and actual HDR content, the Average Picture Level displayed in HDR locked mode using VideoToolbox is night and day different to Auto ranged settings using AVFoundation.

To me, SDR looks awesome, but HDR looks very muted to what it 'should' look like.

Just wondered if this is a MRMC issue, or a more generic AppleTV4k issue??
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

mediainfo on those files please.
jabohn

Post by jabohn »

I'm seeing a major problem now, possibly due to Ariana. I changed the setting for the startup window to be TV Shows. Now every time the app starts, after the logo screen, the screen is just black. I can't do anything. No buttons I press do anything. All I can do is back out to the tvOS home screen.

I tried installing some previous 3.8 builds - no change. I tried the last 3.7.1 build - no change. I'm going to reinstall the latest 3.8 build and try to get the logs shortly.

https://pastebin.com/fA4aqd9q
three6zerocool

Post by three6zerocool »

Update: HDR 10 video levels.

I tried 'Infuse' on my AppleTV4k.
Tried the HDR 10 test patterns from above mentioned post.
The test patterns play normal, and no black crush. Equally the white levels and colour levels look fine too.

The APL (average picture level still does not look a great deal brighter, but black level detail is greatly improved, with mujch more subtlety near the black. (ie. Dark scenes have more detail)

Don't know what codec Infuse uses for HEVC 4k, but it does trigger my Oled TV into HDR 10 mode.
I guess it means the HDR 10 patterns are fine, and likewise the AppleTV4k itself.

Interesting that MRMC has issues with the HDR 10 patterns.

Are there particular preferences that I should be looking at in MrMC, or is it a bug with HDR?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

jabohn wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 05:26 I'm seeing a major problem now, possibly due to Ariana. I changed the setting for the startup window to be TV Shows. Now every time the app starts, after the logo screen, the screen is just black. I can't do anything. No buttons I press do anything. All I can do is back out to the tvOS home screen.

I tried installing some previous 3.8 builds - no change. I tried the last 3.7.1 build - no change. I'm going to reinstall the latest 3.8 build and try to get the logs shortly.

tv shows or TV? you have triggered the bug, but TV is not Tv Shows.. TV is Live TV

I'll have a look, thanks!

EDIT: fixed for next TF
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

three6zerocool wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 06:54 Update: HDR 10 video levels.

I tried 'Infuse' on my AppleTV4k.
Tried the HDR 10 test patterns from above mentioned post.
The test patterns play normal, and no black crush. Equally the white levels and colour levels look fine too.

The APL (average picture level still does not look a great deal brighter, but black level detail is greatly improved, with mujch more subtlety near the black. (ie. Dark scenes have more detail)

Don't know what codec Infuse uses for HEVC 4k, but it does trigger my Oled TV into HDR 10 mode.
I guess it means the HDR 10 patterns are fine, and likewise the AppleTV4k itself.

Interesting that MRMC has issues with the HDR 10 patterns.

Are there particular preferences that I should be looking at in MrMC, or is it a bug with HDR?
I bet you don't have adjust display turned on. HDR/Dolby Vision are fine here and no one else is reporting issues.

Also, not going to play hunt in AVS forums for them. Post an URL to them or mediainfo on them.
jabohn

Post by jabohn »

amet wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 12:05
jabohn wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 05:26 I'm seeing a major problem now, possibly due to Ariana. I changed the setting for the startup window to be TV Shows. Now every time the app starts, after the logo screen, the screen is just black. I can't do anything. No buttons I press do anything. All I can do is back out to the tvOS home screen.

tv shows or TV? you have triggered the bug, but TV is not Tv Shows.. TV is Live TV

I'll have a look, thanks!

EDIT: fixed for next TF
I can't go back and check now, can't do anything until it's fixed now. I'm sure I picked TV Shows but I could be wrong (as I have been occasionally).