1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.7.0 - [Invites Closed]

Old TestFlight threads
LePousson

Re: Testing MrMC 3.7.0

Post by LePousson » 19 Jun 2018, 01:01

The latest TestFlight build can play UHD BluRay rips quite perfectly, except that the "BluRay Menu" option doesn't work ...

LePousson

LePousson

Testing MrMC 3.7.0

Post by LePousson » 19 Jun 2018, 01:16

Everything works fine ... I tested 4 or 5 UHD BluRay rips and they work perfectly, except that I can't output the DTS audio tracks, even the simple DTS 5.1 tracks (I know that the ATV4K is not able (yet) to play HD Audio tracks) ...

Any chance that I can get those tracks working ?

EDIT : Problem fixed. My AVR was using a bad sound filter. I now get MultiCH LPCM track

LePousson

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 19 Jun 2018, 02:23

I take back what I said earlier, not everything is good with Ariana.

I did test PVR playback of a recording. I can't figure out how to get playback controls (rw, pause, stop, ff) to come up.

Such controls *do* come up with the settings OSD when clicking the touchpad during live tv playback.

pecinko
Team MrMC

Post by pecinko » 19 Jun 2018, 06:26

cosmoxl wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 02:23
I take back what I said earlier, not everything is good with Ariana.

I did test PVR playback of a recording. I can't figure out how to get playback controls (rw, pause, stop, ff) to come up.

Such controls *do* come up with the settings OSD when clicking the touchpad during live tv playback.
Don’t you have scrubbing available when playing recordings? OSD controls are coming up with live tv, as you can’t use scrubbing there.

pecinko
Team MrMC

Post by pecinko » 19 Jun 2018, 06:27

SUPERBIF wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 10:53
pecinko wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 09:25
SUPERBIF wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 09:21
In Ariana when I go into movie details there is no runtime. Is this normal or just a problem from my end?
No, that would be a problem on my end :)
Okay, thanks I guess it will be a feature and not a bug then?
And the same goes from number of votes?

Thanks for the great work:)
Right. It will be added for 3.7

wrxtasy

Post by wrxtasy » 19 Jun 2018, 07:54

@pecinko,

(180618.1839 @20180617-5d2df66)
CHG: sync skins

Best version yet !
Thx. for the TV timers and recording Date and Time metadata.

Feedback, and I know your a bit of a perfectionist:
- Alignment issues in TV Guide - the grey glass panel "what's on" overlay is about 5 pixels vertically to low.
- TV > View:icons - Channel Logos are a little bit too wide for the Dark Grey backpanel they are placed upon.

Montoya

Post by Montoya » 19 Jun 2018, 11:09

PVR feedback Ariana Apple TV 4K

1) Can we have more readability for the program names with channel list on screen while playing Live TV ?
Now we have grey colored letters on a grey opacity panel for the program names of the not playing channels. Please use a color for the letters that stand out more, so that whatever lighting condition is shown on screen for the current playing channel, the text is readable and stands out.

2) Can we have more channels on screen for the channel list while playing Live TV ?
Now we have 6 channels at once while in Opacity there is 11. This 6 channels is still a template from the old days of Kodi.

A very very user friendly and functional UI I just came across, is from the current iPlayTV app on the Apple TV.
This has now the best on screen display in my opinion concerning on screen channel list and program info with that channel list. Please consider to take a look there to get some ideas, because it's that good that I'm considering to also transfer all my PVR channels to it because of that easy to use UI, but also great functional UI, to make watching TV easier for my wife and kid.

This is an example in iPlayTV of just swiping to the right which brings up the channel list during play:
It contains 2 columns, first one is all channels info and second one is current playing channel program info with all programs shown for that playing channel. It even has an option when scrolling through that list to pop up a live video preview of the channel in a thumbnail next to those two columns, when you are scrolling through that list.

Swiping to the Left brings up a column on right side of screen with Now & next items in time sequence order, which is also very usefull to have.

Swiping to right or left during play is a functionality that is still unused during play of Live TV in MrMC, so Devs, please consider this functionality.

If needed, can move this topic to Skin request section.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 19 Jun 2018, 12:18

LePousson wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 01:01
The latest TestFlight build can play UHD BluRay rips quite perfectly, except that the "BluRay Menu" option doesn't work ...
Correct, "BluRay Menu" means use java to run the native bluray meaning. This setting will be hidden in the next push as we have not figured out how to get a basic java vm integrated... yet :)

monkbolt

Post by monkbolt » 19 Jun 2018, 12:19

I think there's a bug when using Plex through UPnP: when I select a Recently Added option, videos still get sorted chronologically and not, as one would expect, by the date they were added to the library.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 19 Jun 2018, 12:34

monkbolt wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 12:19
I think there's a bug when using Plex through UPnP: when I select a Recently Added option, videos still get sorted chronologically and not, as one would expect, by the date they were added to the library.
Not sure we have any control over that, UPnP is rather primitive compared with the native Plex client or Plex extension. I would suggest not using UPnP :)