1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.7.0 - [Invites Closed]

Old TestFlight threads
koying
Team MrMC

Re: Testing MrMC 3.7.0 - [Closed]

Post by koying »

Montoya wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 10:26 In my entertainment group in the Hue app, I only have one light and that name is selected in MrMC under "Light", next to the Entertainment group I have selected. When I only select the entertainment group and set "Light" to none, I don't see "Mode" appearing for the "Entertainment group". Is that correct how the settings for the Hue Client work or should "Mode" also be available for the "Entertainment group" only, when selected ?
There is definitely some confusion, here ;)

- As I said, when an entertainment group is selected, whatever specific mrmc override regarding a light contained in it in will be ignored (in your case, light "3", if I get it right).
- Entertainment has no mode, it's always "ambilight" per definition.

So, if I understand correctly that you want your light "3" to dim rather than doing ambilight, you should set the entertainment group to "None".

Which skin are you using? Looks like the way the options are presented are confusing...
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

koying wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 10:46
Montoya wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 10:26 In my entertainment group in the Hue app, I only have one light and that name is selected in MrMC under "Light", next to the Entertainment group I have selected. When I only select the entertainment group and set "Light" to none, I don't see "Mode" appearing for the "Entertainment group". Is that correct how the settings for the Hue Client work or should "Mode" also be available for the "Entertainment group" only, when selected ?
There is definitely some confusion, here ;)
The confusion is caused by how the Hue Client Service behaved in previous Testflights ;)
koying wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 10:46 - As I said, when an entertainment group is selected, whatever specific mrmc override regarding a light contained in it in will be ignored (in your case, light "3", if I get it right).
Light 3 is in my entertainment group indeed.
koying wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 10:46 - Entertainment has no mode, it's always "ambilight" per definition.
That's confusing, because it looked like it had (see my test below)
koying wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 10:46 So, if I understand correctly that you want your light "3" to dim rather than doing ambilight, you should set the entertainment group to "None".
Tested that in latest Testflight with Entertainment group set to none and light 3 to dimming > Result=no dimming when starting a movie (nothing happens)
koying wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 10:46 Which skin are you using? Looks like the way the options are presented are confusing...
Opacity

Did some testing now myself and when you read below, you understand my confusion about the settings ;)
In early builds like 3.7.0 180530.1333, I had set up the Hue Client with :
- Entertainment group
- Light 3
- Dimming

In that build when playing content, my lights dimmed, when starting a movie and undimmed by pausing the movie. Just reverted to that build to test with that setting and when playing a movie my light dims and pausing it undims it again :mrgreen:

Changing the settings in that same build to:
- Entertainment group
- Light 3
- Ambilight

With above settings I get Ambilight when playing content :mrgreen:

So indeed, very confusing, so please summarize how each setting should behave, so I know where to look for, when testing the latest Testflight build or specify in settings description that Entertainment group only has Ambilight.

Now people think that they must select an Entertaiment group, select the lights in the Entertainment group they want MrMC to control and what mode each lights must be set. It would be less confusing if the Entertainment group had a mode to set (Ambilight/Dimming) if they only want MrMC to control those lights or specify in description that dimming is only working with individual light settings.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

On Deck on the main screen isn’t refreshing after I watch something for a few minutes. I’ll come back to the main screen after watching and it’ll still have the episode I watched on there but with a check mark for watched. If I wait for about a minute then it’ll refresh and show the next episode, but previous builds the refresh would already be done when I got done watching and I could immediately start the next episode.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Montoya wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 11:42
koying wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 10:46 So, if I understand correctly that you want your light "3" to dim rather than doing ambilight, you should set the entertainment group to "None".
Tested that in latest Testflight with Entertainment group set to none and light 3 to dimming > Result=no dimming when starting a movie (nothing happens)
Is it night at your place, or is light 3 ON when starting playback?
Post 30/05, a setting to only force the lights ON after sunset was added, and I see it is enabled for you.
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

koying wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 12:33
Montoya wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 11:42
Is it night at your place, or is light 3 ON when starting playback?
Post 30/05, a setting to only force the lights ON after sunset was added, and I see it is enabled for you.
CET here and tested it with light already on, so those settings to only force lights on after sunset shouldn't kick in.
So disabled after sunset settings to test further:

<hue>
<clientkey>*deleted*</clientkey>
<colorbias default="true">90</colorbias>
<dimbright>0</dimbright>
<dimdur default="true">4</dimdur>
<dimoverpausedbright default="true">false</dimoverpausedbright>
<dimoverunbright default="true">false</dimoverunbright>
<dimpausedbright>25</dimpausedbright>
<dimpropdur default="true">false</dimpropdur>
<dimunbright>50</dimunbright>
<discover>Dissociate</discover>
<forceon>true</forceon>
<forceonaftersunset default="true">false</forceonaftersunset>
<ip>*deleted*</ip>
<light1>3</light1>
<light1mode>2</light1mode>
<light2 default="true">0</light2>
<light2mode default="true">0</light2mode>
<light3 default="true">0</light3>
<light3mode default="true">0</light3mode>
<light4 default="true">0</light4>
<light4mode default="true">0</light4mode>
<maxbright default="true">90</maxbright>
<minbright default="true">20</minbright>
<streamgroup default="true">0</streamgroup>
<username>*deleted*</username>
</hue>

With above settings still no dimming when light is already on.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

Could you post the debuglog of your latest test, please
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

koying wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 13:19 Could you post the debuglog of your latest test, please
Will do Sir, after Formula One Qualifying is finished :D
Would you like to see some extra component logging in it or specify which one to set ?
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

F1 qualifying? Gee... The races are already boring :P

No, thanks, Hue is part of generic logging...
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

koying wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 13:46 F1 qualifying? Gee... The races are already boring :P

No, thanks, Hue is part of generic logging...
:lol:
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

koying wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 13:46 F1 qualifying? Gee... The races are already boring :P
Well, boring is what I said to people watching the soccer World Cup :mrgreen:
For me it is: "When no roaring/screaming engine is involved, it is boring" ;)