1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.7.0 - [Invites Closed]

Old TestFlight threads
antkappa

Re: Testing MrMC 3.7.0 - [Closed]

Post by antkappa »

barong wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 14:45 Mentioned this earlier and I’ve noticed another user with the same query...

Using Ariana as skin, going into the details screen of movies/shows etc.
pressing back/menu button brings up the sorting/filter menu.
Is this by design as it seems counterintuitive?
Results in having to press back multiple times to get out of the section.
Would it not be better to have it like other skins where you press a certain direction to make it appear?
Came to post the same question. It can be a little frustrating and was hoping there was an option to change it ...
pecinko

Post by pecinko »

Maybe in a future version, 3.7 is feature closed.
jabohn

Post by jabohn »

Hitsville wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 06:04
jabohn wrote:Today, the TV Shows and Movies sections disappeared from MrMC. They're enabled in the skin (Opacity) but all that shows up on the main screen is Media Sources. The sources are still there as well I can browse my SMB share from there but my library is otherwise gone. I tried a different skin, going back to the previous build, restarting my AppleTV. Nothing worked.

Here is the log:
https://pastebin.com/9MjBNvhb
This sound's like the very same issue I had with the Ariana skin also on ATV. (Plex)
In my case they did load eventually although it would take a minute or so occasionally.
Oddly I noticed that despite the sections not loading all the stuff on top shelf was instantly playable.
Whatever caused it cleared and never happens on the Shield.
That said I haven't had chance to check since the last test flight release.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Well I've left it here for awhile and they're still gone.
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

Feedback tvOS 11.4.1 Apple TV 4K

MrMC Profile troubles (Opacity):
After tvOS 11.4.1 I got MrMC profile troubles again with latest Testflights.

My Masterprofile is just a clean profile with no PVR's or Client services like Emby. Also no Media video sources are defined in it. Only sources in file manager are present in the MrMC Master profile. I use my other MrMC profiles for PVR's and other Client services and local media.

In latest Testflights with a clean boot of the Apple TV, loading my MrMC Master profile, hangs MrMC on MrMC Home Screen, where ONLY the two horizontal lines on top and bottom from Opacity skin are shown. No logos/icons on bottom left or text appears on screen. When I swipe on touch pad, I hear the scrolling sound but nothing appears on screen. It looks like this all started after tvOS 11.4.1

Debug log:
https://pastebin.com/wMprSSi9
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

To add to that:

Direct login (after clean boot Apple TV 4K) from the MrMC profile login screen into my MrMC Emby profile, causes no focus to be shown when scrolling through the MrMC Home Screen. I here the sound when navigating around with touchpad, but the landed focus tile doesn't get any color. So I can't see what is selected and I also can't select anything. Clicking on touchpad to select/execute something, does nothing.

Debug log:
https://pastebin.com/FhwS7Rx1

What I do notice, is that when I log into my MrMC DVBLink profile and use the icon on bottom left to switch MrMC profiles, that my Emby MrMC profile doesn't have these problems, described above with focus/select engine.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

(180716.143 @20180715-660b049)
FIX: HomeShelfJob: avoid using g_windowManager
FIX: XSP/json sorting by rating
FIX: no reason to check for opacity skin on startup anymore
FIX: plex, properly parse Continue Watching, we need to parse episode separately from Movie
CHG: remove CSettings::SETTING_SERVICES_UUID from NetworkServices, we try to set it too early in init process
FIX: plex: cleanup playback url
FIX: compiler warning
CHG: remove cpu/mem usage logging, not needed any more
Hitsville

Re: Testing MrMC 3.7.0

Post by Hitsville »

amet wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 08:16
Itzme1234 wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 21:39
pecinko wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 20:56 Press SELECT to go to info page, press PLAY to play the file or alter default action from “more info” to “play” in settings to have both buttons always starting playback.
This is great, very intuitive, and it’s also working well on my 3rd party remote.

FWIW I always want to review what I’m about to play first, but it’s nice to have the option.
Option was always there, just well hidden and default to play :)
So to be clear there is no similar option on the Shield?
I'm guessing not due to the lack of buttons. :x
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Testing MrMC 3.7.0

Post by davilla »

Hitsville wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 16:45
amet wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 08:16
Itzme1234 wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 21:39

This is great, very intuitive, and it’s also working well on my 3rd party remote.

FWIW I always want to review what I’m about to play first, but it’s nice to have the option.
Option was always there, just well hidden and default to play :)
So to be clear there is no similar option on the Shield?
I'm guessing not due to the lack of buttons. :x
it's identical on all platforms, this setting just control what happens when you 'select' an item.
pecinko

Post by pecinko »

From Shield remote user guide:

SHIELD remote has four navigation buttons (up, down, right, left) and a Select button. It also has Android home and back buttons and a voice search button. To control volume, it has a volume slider. Double tapping on the volume slider also acts as a pause/play button.
Last edited by pecinko on 16 Jul 2018, 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
Hitsville

Post by Hitsville »

Yeah sorry what I'm specifically getting at is with the ÀTV the Play will..... well play.
Meanwhile the select button takes you directly to the movie info screen without having to go via the context menu, which is really cool.
Meanwhile the Shield has no dedicated play button.
So a short press on select will play. A long press on select only brings up the context menu.
From there it's a further 4 or 5 clicks to actually bring up the movie info screen. So Around 6 or 7 presses on the Shield to achieve what the ATV does in one.

Definitely not a criticism, just an observation. I guess your hands are tied cos it's more a Shield remote limitation.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk