1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.7.0 - [Invites Closed]

Old TestFlight threads
ersan191

Re: Testing MrMC 3.7.0

Post by ersan191 »

Itzme1234 wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 20:42 I like both of them for different reasons. I agree Ariana is much quicker. To be honest I'd be exclusive to the first one to offer Rotten Tomatoes critics review snipettes and TV theme songs, both like the Plex app offer. Other minor things that the Plex Extention offer:
PfK is adding theme music in the (probably) next release, or the one after that: https://github.com/plexinc/plex-for-kodi/pull/205
Itzme1234

Post by Itzme1234 »

ersan191 wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 23:44
Itzme1234 wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 20:42 I like both of them for different reasons. I agree Ariana is much quicker. To be honest I'd be exclusive to the first one to offer Rotten Tomatoes critics review snipettes and TV theme songs, both like the Plex app offer. Other minor things that the Plex Extention offer:
PfK is adding theme music in the (probably) next release, or the one after that: https://github.com/plexinc/plex-for-kodi/pull/205
Is it cheesy? yes. Gimicky? yes. Waste of resources? yes. Do we like it? Yes, please. Seriously though the RT Review snippets would be much better though.
ersan191

Post by ersan191 »

Itzme1234 wrote: 22 Jun 2018, 02:38 Is it cheesy? yes. Gimicky? yes. Waste of resources? yes. Do we like it? Yes, please. Seriously though the RT Review snippets would be much better though.
I hate it personally, first thing I do is turn them off - but a lot of people do like them. I'd imagine reviews are coming someone seems to be actively working on PfK now (the merits of open source)
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

cosmoxl wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 20:29 Testing the updated bluray folder capability on tvOS (Ariana) I see that the scrubbing interface isn't enabled. Is it not available for that type of playback?

As it is clicking the touchpad brings up the settings OSD but not the playback OSD. This is pretty much the way PVR recordings were before the last update.
assuming DVDs are the same?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

amet wrote: 22 Jun 2018, 06:56
cosmoxl wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 20:29 Testing the updated bluray folder capability on tvOS (Ariana) I see that the scrubbing interface isn't enabled. Is it not available for that type of playback?

As it is clicking the touchpad brings up the settings OSD but not the playback OSD. This is pretty much the way PVR recordings were before the last update.
assuming DVDs are the same?
Davilla replied that they were but I didn't test. :)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

DVD's that have menus will not have scrubbing enabled.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Ok, will make sure it pops OSD for those
tredman

Post by tredman »

Been meaning to report this for ages, but not had time. For a good while I have had issues with live tv on the test flights, stuttering and dropped images and sound - its completely unwatchable. I'm watching UK DVB-S2 HD content from tvheadend - works fine in SPMC & Android Kodi.

Log is here:

https://pastebin.com/qivT7xc2

I have exactly the same issue on all my shields (mix of 4k, 1080p and 720p outputs).

If you I can help with more info please let me know.

Edit - note although this log is from one of my sheild running on Oreo I see *exactly* the same issue on the 2 shields which are not upgraded to 8
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

(180622.1315 @20180621-85dcfb3)
FIX: hue crash if getLights is less than values in settings
FIX: WindowMedia Sources parent_redirect
CHG: sync skins
LePousson

Testing MrMC 3.7.0

Post by LePousson »

Hey guys ...

I made some quick tests on 3 of my UHD Rips (Untouched Audio/Video). They are all stored on the same NAS, and I'm using the latest betas on the my 2 devices.

Baywatch
This movie has a video bitrate at around 50-55Mbit/s and it plays fine on both my AppleTV 4K & NVidia Shield. HDR meta is sent by the 2 devices and my TV is switching to HDR10 mode.

Forrest Gump
This movie has a video bitrate at around 75-80Mbit/s (getting sometimes over 100Mbit/s) and it plays fine on my AppleTV 4K but not on the NVidia Shield on which I get a stuttering video. HDR meta is sent by the 2 devices and my TV is switching to HDR10 mode.

Pacific Rim : Uprising
This movie has a video bitrate at around 85Mbit/s (getting sometimes over 100Mbit/s) and it plays fine on my AppleTV 4K but not on the NVidia Shield on which I get a stuttering video. HDR meta is sent by the 2 devices and my TV is switching to HDR10 mode.

It seems that currently the Shield is unable to handle movies with high bit rates. I'll make some tests with the Jellyfish files and I'll report here ...

LePousson