1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.7.0 - [Invites Closed]

Old TestFlight threads
ersan191

Re: Testing MrMC 3.7.0

Post by ersan191 »

jrcorwin wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 03:22 So I’ve been experimenting with just using stock MrMc (Test Flight version) to access my Plex server, instead of the Plex extension. Is it supposed to give me the option of choosing a version if I have more than one of a film?

I’ll use Avatar as an example. I have both a 1080p and a 4K HDR version and they are grouped (rather than split) on my Plex server. MrMc doesn’t prompt me to choose a version to play. Should it be?
I don't believe any Plex clients prompt either - I experimented a long time ago with having 1080p and 4K versions of the same movie and it would always play the 4K version despite the Plex website saying it should pick the "appropriate version".
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

ersan191 wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 04:33
jrcorwin wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 03:22 So I’ve been experimenting with just using stock MrMc (Test Flight version) to access my Plex server, instead of the Plex extension. Is it supposed to give me the option of choosing a version if I have more than one of a film?

I’ll use Avatar as an example. I have both a 1080p and a 4K HDR version and they are grouped (rather than split) on my Plex server. MrMc doesn’t prompt me to choose a version to play. Should it be?
I don't believe any Plex clients prompt either - I experimented a long time ago with having 1080p and 4K versions of the same movie and it would always play the 4K version despite the Plex website saying it should pick the "appropriate version".
It should ask, it did before .... will check
tredman

Post by tredman »

Is it possible to get the dedicated Plex menu item (linked to the Plex extension) back? This was in a previous testflight in opacity and was very useful.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

FranknStein7 wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 14:03 What happened to the blurred background in the Plex for Kodi add-on on TvOS? Not sure if this is truly a testflight issue or not. The background is no longer blurred and instead shows very pixelated versions of your background images. If the backgrounds are mostly white the text becomes impossible to read. Looks terrible. I checked the non-testflight version of MrMC on my Shield, and the background is still blurred.
could you snap a screenshot of both , I see it blurred in a big blob here :)
azriel84

Post by azriel84 »

Hi all. After the latest beta update, I started noticing lipsync issues. I have all match content set to on on apple tv 4K settings and I am using only avfoundation codec for all kind of files, from simple SD h264 files to 4K HDR Remux ones. The lipsync issue wasn't there before, it appeared after the update with all my settings untouched and is now corrected only if I set my receiver to 100ms delay. Am I missing something?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

azriel84 wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 15:24 Hi all. After the latest beta update, I started noticing lipsync issues. I have all match content set to on on apple tv 4K settings and I am using only avfoundation codec for all kind of files, from simple SD h264 files to 4K HDR Remux ones. The lipsync issue wasn't there before, it appeared after the update with all my settings untouched and is now corrected only if I set my receiver to 100ms delay. Am I missing something?
What is your current a/v offset in MrMC ?

It's highly recommended to stick with defaults for hw acceleration. h264/h265 -> vtb, h265/HDR -> afv. h264 media comes in such a crazy mix and vtb has better error handling for nutty encodes.
azriel84

Post by azriel84 »

davilla wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 15:48
azriel84 wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 15:24 Hi all. After the latest beta update, I started noticing lipsync issues. I have all match content set to on on apple tv 4K settings and I am using only avfoundation codec for all kind of files, from simple SD h264 files to 4K HDR Remux ones. The lipsync issue wasn't there before, it appeared after the update with all my settings untouched and is now corrected only if I set my receiver to 100ms delay. Am I missing something?
What is your current a/v offset in MrMC ?

It's highly recommended to stick with defaults for hw acceleration. h264/h265 -> vtb, h265/HDR -> afv. h264 media comes in such a crazy mix and vtb has better error handling for nutty encodes.
I tried vtb with all kind of files, SD to 4K HDR (just to check lipsync despite the awful picture quality) and it didn't have any lipsync issues whatsoever with my MrMC and AVR settings as I have them for a long time now. The problem is that now even with h265/HDR files where avf is the only way to go, I have this slight issue which didn't happen before, I don't know if any changes were made in the latest build that affected lipsync with avf. I would like to use the recommended settings but tbh, I prefer avf for every situation, it gives me perfect picture quality in any situation, at least for my preferences, without having to change picture settings in my TV according to the source material and which codec is being used (vtb is a lot more bright by default than avf for example and TV).

Is there any specific a/v setting I would like to inform you with that might cause that issue?
jpalenz77

Post by jpalenz77 »

Speaking of AVF, are you guys working on making ambilight compatible with it?

Thank you
azriel84

Post by azriel84 »

jpalenz77 wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 17:03 Speaking of AVF, are you guys working on making ambilight compatible with it?

Thank you
+1, I think davilla said will look into it at some point :D
jpalenz77

Post by jpalenz77 »

Hehe, yeah I know, just wanted to put some “pressure” on him. Hehehehe

azriel84 wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 17:11
jpalenz77 wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 17:03 Speaking of AVF, are you guys working on making ambilight compatible with it?

Thank you
+1, I think davilla said will look into it at some point :D