1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.7.0 - [Invites Closed]

Old TestFlight threads
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Testing MrMC 3.7.0 - [Closed]

Post by davilla » 19 Jul 2018, 02:13

jabohn wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 01:14
davilla wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 01:01
jabohn wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 00:55

I tried some older builds, even back to the oldest build that it would let me install and the problem is still there. It's as if something happened that wiped out or corrupted my database.
Again, smells like tvOS purged. TVOS apps only have 500KB of persistent storage space.
What am I supposed to do then? Everything else is fine. All my settings are there. My sources are there. This doesn't seem very good if tvOS can just start randomly wiping out parts of my setup.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1493&hilit=purge

Montoya

Post by Montoya » 19 Jul 2018, 03:08

davilla wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 00:01
Montoya wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 19:23
Feedback tvOS 11.4.1 Apple TV 4K (180718.1351 @20180717-aab9698)

MrMC Profile troubles, profile load MrMC Login Screen (Opacity):
Issue with MrMC login screen where I wasn't able to load other profiles than Master profile, is fixed in this build :).

Only remaining issue for me: Focus "engine" -> Loading Emby profile directly from MrMC login screen (Opacity):
Loading my Emby profile after clean boot Apple TV from MrMC login screen, still results in not getting any focus cell in OSD. When swiping with touch pad, I hear navigation sounds but do not see the colored focus cell moving around from object to object. Clicking to select something, doesn't result in any action.

When loading my Emby profile from an other profile, the problem with focus cell is not present.

Some logs for comparison purpose:

Debug log clean boot Apple TV 4K, with start MrMC Master profile from MrMC Login Screen:
https://pastebin.com/Y2A8ieQg

Debug log clean boot Apple TV 4K, with start MrMC Emby profile from MrMC Login Screen (Focus problem):
https://pastebin.com/KUDKi5zv

Debug log clean boot Apple TV 4K, with start MrMC Master profile from MrMC Login Screen and loading the Emby profile from within Master profile:
https://pastebin.com/bHE7DbEf
Hard to see, any chance of a video showing the focus issue ?

I do see several 404's to http://HOSTNAME:8096 in the logs.
The 404's are also present when loading my Emby profile from another MrMC profile with the button on bottom left and by doing this, I have no focus issue and all works OK, so that I find very strange.

Concerning making a video, nothing to be seen when I provide a video, because it would only show my MrMC Home screen (with RSS feed, Emby library sources and movie posters from recently added and in progress. The colored field for the selected menu item or selected Emby library source, when navigating around, is nowhere to be seen on OSD.

...... But it seems to be caused by the Emby Client Service Sign-in type :shock: :o
I signed out of the Emby Pin request Sign-in type of the Emby Client Service and did a manual local Emby Sign-in and miraculously that solved my focus issue. All is working OK again, because I see the colored field again when navigating around, when logging into my Emby profile directly from the MrMC Login Screen, after a clean boot of the Apple TV :mrgreen:

If you need a comparison debug log of the same now working Emby profile (which had the focus issue), when loaded with a clean boot of Apple TV from MrMC Login Screen, let me know.
Last edited by Montoya on 19 Jul 2018, 03:11, edited 1 time in total.

jabohn

Post by jabohn » 19 Jul 2018, 03:10

Okay, so are you saying that my database got too large? This doesn't make sense - in that thread they say everything got reset but that isn't my case. It's only my TV Shows and Movies sections that are gone.

I'm okay with having to re-do my library, I just want to rule out that it wasn't something else that happened.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 19 Jul 2018, 12:37

jabohn wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 03:10
Okay, so are you saying that my database got too large? This doesn't make sense - in that thread they say everything got reset but that isn't my case. It's only my TV Shows and Movies sections that are gone.

I'm okay with having to re-do my library, I just want to rule out that it wasn't something else that happened.
It depends more on what the AppleTV is doing. An update to tvOS can cause it, same for loading new ariel screensavers. Loading lots of apps, etc. We really don't know when or why tvOS decides to purge. MrMC's data space will never get purged while it's running BUT nothing prevents tvOS from terminating MrMC (and other Apps) and doing a purge.

That's why we have mysql for external database, and plex or emby. If your media lib is large (over 500-1000) items, that means you have a decent server around to store them. That same server could also support a mysql service.

MrMC does store it's settings (compressed) in the persistent storage location. I've never seen that touched except when MrMC is removed. Then everything goes away.

jabohn

Post by jabohn » 19 Jul 2018, 15:14

Wow, I think Apple needs to rethink the persistent storage amount.

jabohn

Post by jabohn » 20 Jul 2018, 01:27

Okay I've wasted over and hour trying to get mySQL up and going and I can't even get past step one. I started a new thread here, in case anyone can offer some insight:

http://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6& ... cfea5a1b3d

LePousson

Post by LePousson » 20 Jul 2018, 03:12

Hi ...

Just a small question..

How to get rid of the "intermediate info screen" that appears after I press OK on my remote to start playing a TV Show episode ??

Also, since the last PlayStore Beta, the "Auto Play Next file" feature stopped working on my NVidia Shield...

Thanks in advance for the replies !

LePousson

koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying » 20 Jul 2018, 06:39

LePousson wrote:Hi ...
How to get rid of the "intermediate info screen" that appears after I press OK on my remote to start playing a TV Show episode ??
Settings-Video-File Lists-Default select action
Set to "Play" to get the previous behaviour.

The default was changed because you can now use the "Play" button of your remote to start the playback directly, whatever the setting.

I suspect that having the setting on "Info" breaks "Play next", though.
Please confirm it works is the setting is on "Play"

Montoya

Post by Montoya » 20 Jul 2018, 14:11

Feedback tvOS 11.4.1 Apple TV 4K (180718.1351 @20180717-aab9698)

@Koying

Hue Client service issues:
Activated Hue Client service again, to see if my previous problem way back, with the Hue Client service was solved.
Montoya wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 09:46
Now Ambilight overrules my dimming setting in a profile for the Hue Client service and can't find the logic which profile controls the Hue Client Service for all my other profiles.
In latest Testflight this is not solved. What is happening now, that if the Hue Client service is activated and set to Dimming mode, the Ambilight mode is activated when a movie is played (instead of the set Dimming mode).

Tested further by disabling and resetting all Hue Client Service settings to default in all my MrMC profiles and to only use and setup the Hue Client service in my MrMC Emby profile. That didn't help, because Ambilight still overrules my Dimming setting. In Video Acceleration settings, I only use VideoToolbox.

Debug log clean boot Apple TV 4K, playing content in MrMC Emby profile to test Hue Client service:
https://pastebin.com/8epw1eZy

koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying » 20 Jul 2018, 15:53

Could also post your guisettings.xml, please.
Will be easier to understand your setup...