1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.7.0 - [Invites Closed]

logan_x50

Re: Testing MrMC 3.7.0

Post by logan_x50 » 08 May 2018, 13:50

timstephens24 wrote:
08 May 2018, 10:31
logan_x50 wrote:
08 May 2018, 08:15

4) it would be great to have a selectable "a" through to "z" (or "a" through to "0") across the top of the screen in movies view. i have a large movies collection and its a lot of tap, tap, taps to scroll down. Not sure even how it would be possible with music without bringing on serious case of RSI
The Siri remote let's you quick scroll by sliding on the right edge of the touch pad. It lets you get through a big collection pretty quick.
from memory that worked better before the "let's focus" changes and even then not perfect. Now i really struggle to get any momentum in the scroll. would still not replace the approach Synology DS Video takes which is to have a horizontal a,b,c,d.....1,2,3,...0 at the top of the window so you can very quickly go straight to media starting for example with "T" and then back to "A". right now its a pain

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 08 May 2018, 17:59

I know this'll get lost in the shuffle but...

If anybody's trying the new iTunes shared folder be sure you turn off MrMC in your icloud backup. Otherwise it'll backup whatever ...however many gigabytes you put on for MrMC. :lol:

I looked and saw my upload bandwidth being murdered and had to figure out what on earth was happening. :roll: oops!

pecinko
Team MrMC

Post by pecinko » 08 May 2018, 18:06

logan_x50 wrote:
08 May 2018, 08:15
Had a chance now to play with Ariana some more and a couple of observations:-
1) new home screen icons are a great improvement
2) sometimes clicking on movies results in no library and only the background screen with only the "options" appearing in the upper right. seems i need to restart mrmc to fix. seems prompted by scrolling through the movies in poster view. seems like its crashing generating thumbs or background
3) on home screen "continue watching" is the first 2 rows and "recently added" is the 3rd row. i understand the design choice here, however, i'd prefer recently added first, which then brings up the issue for me at least that there is no way to get to "recently added" as a separate selectable option. i.e. there's no movies>[library]>recently added
4) it would be great to have a selectable "a" through to "z" (or "a" through to "0") across the top of the screen in movies view. i have a large movies collection and its a lot of tap, tap, taps to scroll down. Not sure even how it would be possible with music without bringing on serious case of RSI

Still loving the skin btw :D the media view with the actors in view etc is freakin awesome
1. Thanks :)
2. Does not sound like skin issue
3. I probably won't be changing order of shelves on Home, for several reasons. There is no way to get to ANY of Plex filters from the skin at least ATM.
4. I can think about poor-man's-solution for this, but it won't be as useful as search, filters or proper letter navigation

jabohn

Post by jabohn » 08 May 2018, 18:22

amet wrote:
08 May 2018, 07:14
pecinko needed it for ariana and we added it in core, now we just need to wait for him to get around it.

like he stated previously, he wants to get light mode stable and then dark mode will follow
I see now. So right now the theme has to support this tvOS feature which Arianna will in the future? Sorry, I read through your change log and can't see if it's something I can test if it's not clear what exactly it is. Thanks!

Also, any comments on the auto-update I unexpectedly encountered? It auto-updated for me even though I have that feature disabled.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 08 May 2018, 20:14

jabohn wrote:
08 May 2018, 18:22
amet wrote:
08 May 2018, 07:14
pecinko needed it for ariana and we added it in core, now we just need to wait for him to get around it.

like he stated previously, he wants to get light mode stable and then dark mode will follow
I see now. So right now the theme has to support this tvOS feature which Arianna will in the future? Sorry, I read through your change log and can't see if it's something I can test if it's not clear what exactly it is. Thanks!

Also, any comments on the auto-update I unexpectedly encountered? It auto-updated for me even though I have that feature disabled.
https://github.com/MrMC/mrmc/commit/bde ... b99cd2aaa1

The auto-update was a side effect of adding service.libraryautoupdate without thinking of the all the possible side effects :) Next push up will have this fixed.

pauabaer

Post by pauabaer » 08 May 2018, 20:24

one word: WOW!
Thanks for the ariana skin. i have installed it few minutes ago and it is clear that i won't change it anymore. that is what i was looking for on my ATV4K. It fits perfectly to the tvOS.

I have some questions perhaps some suggestions:

1. So far you cannot change any homemenu settings. do you plan any customization? It would be nice if you can enable and disable the widgets (e.g. recently added) and/ or the menu items (e.g. videos or music)
2. I like the unobtrusive osd, but is there a chance to get the end time of a file to be shown?
3. For tv shows i like the banner view, maybe there is a chance to add this in the setting and/ or to equipe the list view fantarts to be shown instead of the cover

now i have to questions about subtitles which does not depend on the skin nor on the testflight mode:
4. when i want to download some subtitles from opensubtitle there are only english subtitles available. how can i choose or download other languages?
5. in the same window there is a notification that local subtitles are available. but how can i select these ones instead of a download?

Thanks for your great app and good support!

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 08 May 2018, 21:35

pauabaer wrote:
08 May 2018, 20:24
one word: WOW!
Thanks for the ariana skin. i have installed it few minutes ago and it is clear that i won't change it anymore. that is what i was looking for on my ATV4K. It fits perfectly to the tvOS.

I have some questions perhaps some suggestions:

1. So far you cannot change any homemenu settings. do you plan any customization? It would be nice if you can enable and disable the widgets (e.g. recently added) and/ or the menu items (e.g. videos or music)
2. I like the unobtrusive osd, but is there a chance to get the end time of a file to be shown?
3. For tv shows i like the banner view, maybe there is a chance to add this in the setting and/ or to equipe the list view fantarts to be shown instead of the cover

now i have to questions about subtitles which does not depend on the skin nor on the testflight mode:
4. when i want to download some subtitles from opensubtitle there are only english subtitles available. how can i choose or download other languages?
5. in the same window there is a notification that local subtitles are available. but how can i select these ones instead of a download?

Thanks for your great app and good support!
I already asked your #1 and have received no answer. So...+1

4) go into subtitle settings and add other languages to download.
5) if local subs are already available just turn on subtitles. don't download.

pecinko
Team MrMC

Post by pecinko » 09 May 2018, 07:18

cosmoxl wrote:
08 May 2018, 21:35
I already asked your #1 and have received no answer. So...+1
I believe the answer is in the previous posts already, where I posted that I believe system should do showing/hiding relevant library sections.

tl;dr

I have made some suggestions regarding this and some other changes that may find their way to Mrmc. Still waiting for the answer from the team, though. Currently, I need to manually enable (code) all possible sections and, when this is done, manually code skin settings to allow for the user on-off. Finally, if you ever decide to add e.g. Music to your library afterwards you need to remember to re-enable that section or nothing will show up on Home. You can make your own opinion if this is a right way to do this.

Anyhow, I'm not a part of dev team, I don't use Mrmc and I don't have that much of a free time. Please, keep this in mind and be patient. I hear you :-)

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 09 May 2018, 08:32

we have "Library.HasContent(Movies)" or tvshows or music, so hiding the button is controlled by the core.. what am I missing?

EDIT: granted, Library.HasContent(xxxxx) needs to be extended a bit to allow for Plex and emby services... I will work on that..

Everbrave

Post by Everbrave » 09 May 2018, 08:37

amet wrote:
09 May 2018, 08:32
we have "Library.HasContent(Movies)" or tvshows or music, so hiding the button is controlled by the core.. what am I missing?
I remember @pecinko himself mentioned he will be bidding/showing the buttons based on the content, so you are missing nothing 😄