1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.6.1

Old TestFlight threads
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Testing MrMC 3.6.1

Post by davilla »

are you both running (180417.100) ?
Itzme1234

Post by Itzme1234 »

davilla wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 18:31 are you both running (180417.100) ?
I am, yes.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 18:31 are you both running (180417.100) ?
yes, according to testflight app.

system info of mrmc says 4272116-dirty
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

iOS Plex addon is still the same. The main screen you can't swipe to navigate, you have to actually touch an icon to move the focus row. The icons are still stretched/not formatted properly. The touch areas in the settings are still off so I have to touch higher.

Biggest issue right now though is if I leave the app, going back I causes it to crash.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

timstephens24 wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 20:22 iOS Plex addon is still the same. The main screen you can't swipe to navigate, you have to actually touch an icon to move the focus row. The icons are still stretched/not formatted properly. The touch areas in the settings are still off so I have to touch higher.

Biggest issue right now though is if I leave the app, going back I causes it to crash.
Is this on iPad? I am looking at it on the iPhone and is formatted okay, posters are not stretched.

Navigation is a bit difficult but I can control it just fine, touch works where I expect it to be... and it doesn’t crash :(

Edit: I see what you mean in home screen, I am not sure we can do much there... that’s how the UI is designed to require <ondown>/ <onup> to move to next row which we can’t do on iOS
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

iOS TestFlight:
On iPad Pro 10“
- The aspect ratio is still not correct; elongated in the vertical direction.
- touch control is also still erratic; swiping to the left causes the rows to scroll vertically
In summary, in its current state, I’d say, I won’t use the add-on on iOS but rather the native Plex app.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

amet wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 20:37 Is this on iPad? I am looking at it on the iPhone and is formatted okay, posters are not stretched.

Navigation is a bit difficult but I can control it just fine, touch works where I expect it to be... and it doesn’t crash :(

Edit: I see what you mean in home screen, I am not sure we can do much there... that’s how the UI is designed to require <ondown>/ <onup> to move to next row which we can’t do on iOS
Yeah on a 10.5 iPad Pro. I just looked on my iPhone and the posters are correct there. On my iPhone though it also crashed when I hit the home button, then went back into the app.
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

timstephens24 wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 21:23
amet wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 20:37 Is this on iPad? I am looking at it on the iPhone and is formatted okay, posters are not stretched.

Yeah on a 10.5 iPad Pro. I just looked on my iPhone and the posters are correct there. On my iPhone though it also crashed when I hit the home button, then went back into the app.
To be honest, I’d just skip the add-on for the iOS version altogether. It hasn’t been designed for a touch UI and I don’t think it’s worthy the effort to redesign the UI for touch, but it’s your resources 😉
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Yeah, I'd rather see other things (like PiP support and syncing files for offline playback) than work on the Plex add-on, but since it's a test thread I just post the issues that I see when trying to use it so they can come up with how they want to work things. No idea how long working on it would take, so it's always up to them to decide what they want to fix and what they want to save for later ;)

I also don't have an ATV set up and won't for about 3 more weeks while I move to GA, so I only have the iPad/iPhone to test things on.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Files for offline playback is coming in a next version, it’s working but needs more testing and we didn’t want to delay this TestFlight release.