1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.4.1

Old TestFlight threads
Montoya

Re: Testing MrMC 3.4.1

Post by Montoya »

cosmoxl wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 20:20 If you did want to do the old style tapping you could always do that by enabling expert mode, as the instructions above say.
I know Cosmoxl, that's why I said:
Montoya wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 20:16 Otherwise I have to enable "Enable Sire expert mode" to go forward/backward while watching a recording and loose scrubbing functionality in library content.
And also, why not have best of BOTH worlds, with tapping functionality together with scrubbing thumbnail for big controlled jumps and the precise scrubbing navigation in content with the touchpad.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Here are our issues with taps doing things when playing video. It's not accepted tvOS behavior and new users become frustrated as they are familiar with taps during playback getting ignored. Then they think MrMC is defective :)

So maybe add into expert mode something like "allow taps (seeks) during playback' .

Taps also work when player progress bar is up, 10 sec jump.

"scrolling back and forth in the recently added and in progress" have not noticed this, I can flick from one side to the other in a fast swipe.

""cursor" alternates top to bottom to top a few time" when bringing up OSD is known issue, See OP.

"have some problem showing the proper thumbnail when deinterlace is selected, but the problem pretty much clears up when bob-inverted is used" Actually, that would be no deinterlacing as bob-invert is a renderer/gpu deinterlacer. Sounds like I can just turn off deinterlacing.

"scrubbing but get no thumbnail at all which also means I don't see a timestamp" : Something we are thinking about. Ideally if there is no image, the timestamp should get shown.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 20:39
"have some problem showing the proper thumbnail when deinterlace is selected, but the problem pretty much clears up when bob-inverted is used" Actually, that would be no deinterlacing as bob-invert is a renderer/gpu deinterlacer. Sounds like I can just turn off deinterlacing.

"scrubbing but get no thumbnail at all which also means I don't see a timestamp" : Something we are thinking about. Ideally if there is no image, the timestamp should get shown.
Perhaps this is important to the situation at hand, perhaps not, but I also noticed when playing those home videos with deinterlace selected that audio sync got progressively worse, such that after just a bit it was several seconds off. Maybe that's affecting proper thumbnail creation? With bob-inverse sync was good.

So any chance that mpeg2 in .ts will have working thumbnail or do we need to give that up?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

mediainfo on that mpeg2 in .ts. So I can match it to some test sample and see what you are talking about.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 21:09 mediainfo on that mpeg2 in .ts. So I can match it to some test sample and see what you are talking about.
just ATSC broadcast TV, 720p and 1080i, from Plex, not dvblink add-on. Plex has DVR capabilities now, so I figure this is something important to nail down if possible. Don't laugh about that second one :) I didn't have any 1080i already recorded so I recorded the first 1080i show for a minute that I came across. :)
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Last edited by cosmoxl on 19 Jan 2018, 02:12, edited 1 time in total.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

davilla wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 17:39 If "Enable Sire expert mode" is disabled, and scrubbing is possible, then on a select, playback will pause and the player progress bar pops up. You can go left or right to move the seek point and a thumbnail image will be shown along with timecode. Select to start playback at that point. Menu is a cancel and playback continues from where it was paused.
This is working fine, except one thing... It seems like when you click the progress bar doesn't go all the way to where you selected, so visually it looks like it's starting earlier, but it's not.
davilla wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 17:39 Rest of the stuff
So a lot of issues for me. Side clicking to jump doesn't work and I end up back at the beginning of the movie/tv show (00:00:00). That's what I'd call "not good" since it's completely not consistent with the Apple TV remote anywhere else.

I have no idea how to do anything except slide to jump time. There's really nothing else except scrobbling, no jumping chapters (I'd recommend a double side click), and there's no side tapping to jump a set time (i.e. I have mine to go 30 sec forward and 10 sec backwards, so I'd expect side clicking to do that). It's click to pause, slide it around, then click to play. Not consistent at all with native beyond that.

I'd expect a swipe down to bring down the subtitles/settings like native as well. Right now it's pause, then swipe, then it's very finicky on where it's going (feels way too sensisive).

The fast forward and rewind buttons on the OSD don't do anything

If I'm using my harmony remote I can click the Ok button to pause. I've had it a few times where I clicked ok I guess too fast to pause/unpause and it just shoots me back to 00:00:00
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

I also got distorted scrubbing thumbnail with my archived DVB-C recordings on my fileshare, which is FHD interlaced DVB-C content.

In the spoiler the details:
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

The native tvOS player does not respond to left/right taps in the progress bar. Only pans/swipes. Any App that responds to taps has added that ability.

Just how are you 'side clicking" ? with Sire remote or Harmony remote ? Also what content and where is it located ? local or remote ?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 22:37 The native tvOS player does not respond to left/right taps in the progress bar. Only pans/swipes. Any App that responds to taps has added that ability.

Just how are you 'side clicking" ? with Sire remote or Harmony remote ? Also what content and where is it located ? local or remote ?
native players will take a click on the side of the siri remote to be 10seconds back or 10 seconds forward, depending on which edge of the remote your thumb is on, left or right. usually you can even do multiple clicks so that it adds up 10+10+10 and so on. It isn't necessary to stop playback to do this.

This is possible in netflix, itunes, air video HD, amazon video, playstation vue, and I'm sure many others.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

davilla wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 22:37 The native tvOS player does not respond to left/right taps in the progress bar. Only pans/swipes. Any App that responds to taps has added that ability.

Anything in iTunes, Netflix, Vudu, Amazon, etc etc etc etc (basically all the apps) do side clicking for 10 second jump forward and 10 second jump back. If you touch on the side it even pops up the progress bar and shows you're about to a 10 sec jump (with a nice icon even). If you tap to bring up UI and then tap again it even changes how long is left (i.e. -40 min) to the exact time it'll end (i.e. 9:57 pm). Even other apps like Channels with their own UI/Player do the same side clicking (but they do 30 seconds forward and 10 second back customizable).

I like how the tapping is gone, that wasn't good since I'd tap and jump a chapter or some craziness just by picking up the remote and not even clicking. But yeah, play around with some Netflix (watch that 4K Stranger Things!) or Amazon Prime (4K HDR on The Grand Tour is fabulous). Or you could get an iTunes free video (most shows have the Pilot episode as free to nab on iTunes) and during playback swipe down to see the audio/subtitle settings and the video information, and then swipe that up and away. Then left edge click and right edge click to jump forward and back. That'll give you a good feel of what I'm talking about.