1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.4.1

Old TestFlight threads
cosmoxl

Re: Testing MrMC 3.4.1

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 02:53 menu press to go back -> jump out to tvOS home has been reproduced.

You guys are quick on the back presses :) What's happening is there is a small window of time when going back where there is no core window mapped to a UIView. The gestureRecognizer for button presses is never called, tvOS handles the UIPressTypeMenu and pop goes the weasel.
There may be more causes?? I've had problems with menu closing the whole app while playing live tv, via the add-ons, for some time now. It doesn't happen often, but it's not a new thing. I guess I've never brought it up because I can't mess with the log at that time and then I forget.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

cosmoxl wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 03:07
davilla wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 02:53 menu press to go back -> jump out to tvOS home has been reproduced.

You guys are quick on the back presses :) What's happening is there is a small window of time when going back where there is no core window mapped to a UIView. The gestureRecognizer for button presses is never called, tvOS handles the UIPressTypeMenu and pop goes the weasel.
There may be more causes?? I've had problems with menu closing the whole app while playing live tv, via the add-ons, for some time now. It doesn't happen often, but it's not a new thing. I guess I've never brought it up because I can't mess with the log at that time and then I forget.
Are you talking pre-new focus engine changes ? Yes, there can be other causes. There needs to be a gestureRecognizer to qualify UIPressTypeMenu. If somehow it slips directly to tvOS, without us intercepting it, then out we go.
mrs4t4n

Post by mrs4t4n »

I tried the last build yesterday...
i'm using the black nova skin, and i can't "enter" in any section... i moved the focus to movies or tvshows or settigns, hit the ok button in my magic remote or the touch surface in the siri remote, but nothing happens...

I switched back to previous build cause my wife threated to kill me if she couldn't see the tv :D

BTW, if we want to use another remote, like my magic lg, it will be supported in this new build?
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

mrs4t4n wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 14:35 i'm using the black nova skin, and i can't "enter" in any section... i moved the focus to movies or tvshows or settigns, hit the ok button in my magic remote or the touch surface in the siri remote, but nothing happens...
I don't have that problem at all with my Apple TV remote or my Harmony
mrs4t4n wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 14:35 BTW, if we want to use another remote, like my magic lg, it will be supported in this new build?
My LG remote works alright when I have CEC enabled. Almost never use it because CEC has some other issues for me, but it works. If you use the pointer that won't work on anything except the TV settings and TV apps.
Last edited by timstephens24 on 11 Jan 2018, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

mrs4t4n wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 14:35 I tried the last build yesterday...
i'm using the black nova skin, and i can't "enter" in any section... i moved the focus to movies or tvshows or settigns, hit the ok button in my magic remote or the touch surface in the siri remote, but nothing happens...

I switched back to previous build cause my wife threated to kill me if she couldn't see the tv :D

BTW, if we want to use another remote, like my magic lg, it will be supported in this new build?
Just tried black nova skin, seemed fine here. Would need to see debuglog to figure out what is going on with your setup.

Googling about for magic lg and AppleTV says that it uses either IR or CEC (via HDTV) to control the AppleTV4/4K. Both of these should be fine with the new focus engine handling.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 03:22

Are you talking pre-new focus engine changes ? Yes, there can be other causes. There needs to be a gestureRecognizer to qualify UIPressTypeMenu. If somehow it slips directly to tvOS, without us intercepting it, then out we go.
sorry, what do you mean by "pre-new focus engine changes"? Is that this 3.4.1 or what came out a few months ago? It doesn't actaully matter I guess. If memory serves me correctly I've seen the problem of menu button backing out of the app completely once in a blue moon since perhaps the very beginning. :)
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

cosmoxl wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 15:11
davilla wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 03:22

sorry, what do you mean by "pre-new focus engine changes"? Is that this 3.4.1 or what came out a few months ago? It doesn't actaully matter I guess. If memory serves me correctly I've seen the problem of menu button backing out of the app completely once in a blue moon since perhaps the very beginning. :)
its this 3.4.1
mrs4t4n

Post by mrs4t4n »

timstephens24 wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 14:49
mrs4t4n wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 14:35 i'm using the black nova skin, and i can't "enter" in any section... i moved the focus to movies or tvshows or settigns, hit the ok button in my magic remote or the touch surface in the siri remote, but nothing happens...
I don't have that problem at all with my Apple TV remote or my Harmony
mrs4t4n wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 14:35 BTW, if we want to use another remote, like my magic lg, it will be supported in this new build?
My LG remote works alright when I have CEC enabled. Almost never use it because CEC has some other issues for me, but it works. If you use the pointer that won't work on anything except the TV settings and TV apps.
I already use the lg remote with the atv and mrmc without issues, just to know if the *new siri mode* will break something.

I will try again this build when i have a moment, and capture the log if the problem persists... :)
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

eazytv wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 21:25
amet wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 07:20
eazytv wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 05:50 Anybody working on a fix for the IP remote issue?
see if above mentioned Siri changes have fixed it for you, if not lets see the new debuglog please as this has now been completely redone.
the issue still persists. It is somehow worse when browsing the menus. Previously, a click on Enter/Select was 100% reliable. Now it's less. However, when watching a movie, the Enter/Select (OK button whatever) does not bring up the menu. This is what the log file says when watching a movie:

Anything else I can do? Shall I record a video?
hey,

I have made some more changes but to be sure, is there a way for your IP remote setup to send a longer signal?

https://github.com/MrMC/mrmc/commit/9f7 ... ed8fddc759

this fixed it for you last time, and testing with my IP remote setup I could reproduce it from time to time, so I have gone down to

Code: Select all

selectRecognizer.minimumPressDuration = 0.00001;
lets see if next testflight fixes it for you...
eazytv

Post by eazytv »

Hi amet

Thank you so much! I will wait for the next TF.

KR
eazy