1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.3.1

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Testing MrMC 3.3.1

Post by davilla » 05 Dec 2017, 02:55

From that pdf.
For dual layer AVC or HEVC Dolby Vision profiles, the source stream is split, and the
base and enhancement streams are fed through separate decoders. The Dolby Vision
composer is responsible for reassembling the full-range signal from the base layer, the
enhancement layer, and the metadata.
I'm not sure the AppleTV 4K can handle dual layer. Details are sparse. As far as converting a dual-layer to single-layer, nothing I've seen yet can do that. I'll keep poking but the ability to handle single-layer is encouraging.

three6zerocool

Post by three6zerocool » 05 Dec 2017, 07:42

Okay, tested a 4k HDR movie with current testflight build, and TV switched and indicated HDR mode.
The levels looked fine to me, with nice black levels.

My TV is Dolby Vision compatible, but not quite sure how to test. Guess I need to go download some Dolby Vision test files to test that functionality.

I did notice that on earlier build that AVS709 content was all washed out, but latest build has fixed that issue.

three6zerocool

Post by three6zerocool » 05 Dec 2017, 08:53

Is there a known working Dolby Vision test file I should be trying with MrMC testflight?

Downloaded a couple of files, but my TV does not flag them as Dolby Vision.
(possibly just simulated Dolby Vision comparison footage)

If I use Netflix on my AppleTV4k, and play a Dolby Vision show, then my TV flags it has Dolby Vision.
But thus far on the so called files I have tried with MrMC, I get no DV flag.

If I place my AppleTV4k in Dolby Vision mode, then select Auto frame rate and auto range, then everything looks pretty spectacular, with content playing with nothing washed out or anything.
To me, this gives best results with full range video levels selected in MrMC, and Apple TV4k in auto mode for framerate and range.

mrs4t4n

Post by mrs4t4n » 05 Dec 2017, 09:02

three6zerocool wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 08:53
Is there a known working Dolby Vision test file I should be trying with MrMC testflight?

Downloaded a couple of files, but my TV does not flag them as Dolby Vision.
(possibly just simulated Dolby Vision comparison footage)

If I use Netflix on my AppleTV4k, and play a Dolby Vision show, then my TV flags it has Dolby Vision.
But thus far on the so called files I have tried with MrMC, I get no DV flag.

If I place my AppleTV4k in Dolby Vision mode, then select Auto frame rate and auto range, then everything looks pretty spectacular, with content playing with nothing washed out or anything.
To me, this gives best results with full range video levels selected in MrMC, and Apple TV4k in auto mode for framerate and range.

Try with this file
http://4kmedia.org/lg-dolby-vision-uhd-4k-demo/

(if the extension is differente from mkv, rename to mkv!)

drkhrse

Post by drkhrse » 05 Dec 2017, 14:51

The Dolby Vision test files work great for me. LG OLED displayed Dolby Vision and looked great. Thanks for all of the hard work you guys are putting in!

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 05 Dec 2017, 21:03

(20171203-07ec514)
fixed limited color video playback
fixed podnapisi and opensubtitles search strings

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 05 Dec 2017, 22:01

I've done some poking into Dolby Vision single vs dual layer. The results from MKVmerge are not complete. It does have two video streams (an HDR and SRD) but is missing the enhancement and metadata layers. So while it might play as HDR, the Dolby Vision bits has been left behind.

https://source.android.com/devices/tech/display/hdr (search for 'Dolby Vision extractor support') gives some interesting hints.
Applications may implement their own Dolby-capable extractors as long as they package the access units from the corresponding layers into a single access unit for the decoder as defined by Dolby
This seems to suggest that something similar to a single layer can be constructed from dual layer. But my searches have not uncovered anyone that has does this yet.

“Dolby Vision Video Elementary Stream multiplexing specification” (dovi_proenc_ves_muxing_spec.pdf) might contain more info but that doc cannot be found in google searches. It is referenced in several public Dolby Vision docs such as DolbyVisionInMPEG2TSSpecification_v1.1.pdf .

So end result is MrMC can do single layer Dolby Vision playback on the AppleTV 4K (to a Dolby Vision capable uhdtv). Dual layer remains elusive because the software tools to extract such a beast do not exist in the open yet.

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 05 Dec 2017, 22:40

Been out of it lately with moving and not having an ATV4k.

Even though my system is still 1080p I downloaded those LG demo videos for the future.

I just tested them and using AVFoundation there's no video but audio plays. Using VTB playback just runs in the background (screen doesn't change after I click) as the icon next to the file name gets the play triangle and there are no more clicks with cursor movement.

My understanding of things is that these should playback but I obviously don't get the HDR portion. If so, should I get you logs?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 05 Dec 2017, 22:57

cosmoxl wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 22:40
Been out of it lately with moving and not having an ATV4k.

Even though my system is still 1080p I downloaded those LG demo videos for the future.

I just tested them and using AVFoundation there's no video but audio plays. Using VTB playback just runs in the background (screen doesn't change after I click) as the icon next to the file name gets the play triangle and there are no more clicks with cursor movement.

My understanding of things is that these should playback but I obviously don't get the HDR portion. If so, should I get you logs?
Nah, I can test on my AppleTV4. It's been rather lonely since the AppleTV4K got installed :)

The LG demo videos files might not play on the AppleTV4, it all depends on how much they rely on a A10X and if they are backward compatible to normal HDR10.

three6zerocool

Post by three6zerocool » 06 Dec 2017, 08:20

Thanks for the link. I had already downloaded that file, which was a .ts file.
I changed suffix to .mkv, but it still does not trigger my LG Oled into Dolby Vision mode.

Are you guys sure that file is showing the file as Dolby Vision?
ie. Your not just seeing the Dolby Vision logo that is overlayed on the video itself?

For LG users, what does it say when you move mouse pointer to top left of screen and double click.
Mine says '2160p HDR BT2020 Dolby Audio'

Is there some other setting in MrMC I need to select, as stuffed if that video will trigger Dolby Vision info flag for me.

If I run the Netflix app and play a Dolby Vision show, it instantly shows the Dolby Vision Flag.