1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.3.1

Old TestFlight threads
three6zerocool

Re: Testing MrMC 3.3.1

Post by three6zerocool »

Latest build that supposedly fixes Full Range Video, has completely screwed video levels for me.
Is really messed up now.

Checking full range test patterns on a calibrated display, show completely crushed blacks, and blown out whites. Ie. Can see no black bars at all, and no white bars at all on clipping patterns.

The previous build was truly excellent tho, and best levels I have tested on 'any' build of MrMC since app was first launched.

Changing back to last build, as current ones levels are completely up the smeg.

Please base video level comments on known test patterns and suitably calibrated display, not on an ep of The Orville. (Who knows what the source is, broadcast, rip, poor conversion???)

I like that show too, but........ (Grin)
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

three6zerocool wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 09:51 Please base video level comments on known test patterns and suitably calibrated display, not on an ep of The Orville. (Who knows what the source is, broadcast, rip, poor conversion???)

I like that show too, but........ (Grin)
I also ran test patterns and they were messed up. It just happened that I saw it while watching the Orville first. I have a suitably calibrated display (and it’s an OLED so I get pure blacks) and I’ll test these changes when I get back home.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

HAHAHA We can't win, I am testing using base video level comments on known test patterns :)

I was happy with previous but made the change based on @timstephens24 comments :)

From what I have seen, the native player will not show full levels. It shows limited. So 0-16 are treated as black. We now mimic this behavior. Maybe right, maybe wrong. Lets try again.

Getting color range right is tricky as there are many areas in code and in display where things can get messed up.

I'm using the following:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zgkt8ayw6bsbx ... 8.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x86oq0van0r8x ... g.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rsnkhojgk6kf ... g.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/60f6c85a03f50 ... e.mov?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aivh1pfu3gv7h ... .m2ts?dl=0

h264_jpeg_color_range.mov is really short, need to find a way to make it longer as it will end just about when the display switch end.

When posting about color levels, also include how tvOS and MrMC are set up. Lets try to converge :)
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Is everybody using AVFoundation in MrMC?

I see the latest build fixes VTB levels but why are people using VTB if they want proper functionality of their ATV4k with HDR?

Anyway, using AVF levels are correct for me with an ATV4, ycbcr output. 16 and lower are black, and for whites I can distinguish levels all the way up to 253.

What I have seen that's a problem is twice that I've played a test file something went wrong and blacks were crushed and whites were blown. Some hiccup is happening here and there.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

For AVFoundation, we have no control over color range. That's handled completely by tvOS.
For VideoToolBox, we have some control as the picture frames are rendered by GLES, which we control.
Then there is ffmpeg, this 'should' be the reference.

I'm assuming we are talking about h264, decoded by VideoToolBox.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 15:01 For AVFoundation, we have no control over color range. That's handled completely by tvOS.
For VideoToolBox, we have some control as the picture frames are rendered by GLES, which we control.
Then there is ffmpeg, this 'should' be the reference.

I'm assuming we are talking about h264, decoded by VideoToolBox.
Yes, I've only tested h264 files

I've been using AVF so I guess then testing doesn't matter since you can't control the levels....Except for the hiccups I did see which I'd never seen until this latest build.

Using ffmpeg with brightness and contrast at 50/50, 16 and down are black, while 235 and up are white.
Using VTB with brightness and contrast at 50/50, 16 and down are black, while 235 and up are white.

If I adjust contrast to 46 for ffmpeg and VTB I can distinguish levels up to 253 and 16 and down are still black.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

davilla wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 14:11 ....
h264_jpeg_color_range.mov is really short, need to find a way to make it longer as it will end just about when the display switch end.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlxy926pxcxvq ... g.mov?dl=0
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

diamonddog wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 08:33 I am not able to get DTS/DD passthrough working on the latest build. Everything I play is decoded and sent as per the audio settings (in my case 5.1 pcm).
Check tvOS settings. 'Reduce loud .. ' needs to be off.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

The other thing to note, how is the hdtv setup for, limited or full ?
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

The most recent change didn't fix the issue for me.