1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.3.1

three6zerocool

Re: Testing MrMC 3.3.1

Post by three6zerocool » 06 Dec 2017, 08:40

Are you guys running your ATV4k with Dolby Vision permanently enabled?.
ie. AppleTV is converting all content to Dolby Vision.

I have mine set to HDR mode with auto framerate and range switched on.
When I run Netflix app and play a Dolby Vision show, the info pane on my LG Oled indicates Dolby Vision.

When I play the file linked in the forum, it says HDR, not Dolby Vision.

mrs4t4n

Post by mrs4t4n » 06 Dec 2017, 10:38

davilla wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 21:03
(20171203-07ec514)
fixed limited color video playback
fixed podnapisi and opensubtitles search strings
I still have the "raised blacks" problem with 1080p SDR content...
I try changing my tv (E6V) blacks to high and/or mrmc unchecked "limited range" but even worst...

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 06 Dec 2017, 12:29

mrs4t4n wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 10:38
davilla wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 21:03
(20171203-07ec514)
fixed limited color video playback
fixed podnapisi and opensubtitles search strings
I still have the "raised blacks" problem with 1080p SDR content...
I try changing my tv (E6V) blacks to high and/or mrmc unchecked "limited range" but even worst...
Humm, color tests using reference videos look correct here. Both for full and limited range. Is anyone else seeing this issue ? A few versions back we had an extensive round of testing regarding color range.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 06 Dec 2017, 12:36

three6zerocool wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 08:20
Thanks for the link. I had already downloaded that file, which was a .ts file.
I changed suffix to .mkv, but it still does not trigger my LG Oled into Dolby Vision mode.

Are you guys sure that file is showing the file as Dolby Vision?
ie. Your not just seeing the Dolby Vision logo that is overlayed on the video itself?

For LG users, what does it say when you move mouse pointer to top left of screen and double click.
Mine says '2160p HDR BT2020 Dolby Audio'

Is there some other setting in MrMC I need to select, as stuffed if that video will trigger Dolby Vision info flag for me.

If I run the Netflix app and play a Dolby Vision show, it instantly shows the Dolby Vision Flag.
I have another test file, https://sylvan.apple.com/Aerials/2x/Vid ... R_HEVC.mov

This is an extracted screensaver, it does flag Dolby Vision.

Things to note when testing:

1) xxx.mkv test files are suspect, they might or might not the right Dolby Vision bits embedded in the video stream
2) xxx.ts have a better chance.
3) xxx.mov have the best chance.

xxx.ts vs xxx.mov use a different demuxer path in FFMpeg.

MediaInfo might or might not indicate Dolby Vision. Same for FFMpeg/FFProbe.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 06 Dec 2017, 14:30

cosmoxl wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 22:40
Been out of it lately with moving and not having an ATV4k.

Even though my system is still 1080p I downloaded those LG demo videos for the future.

I just tested them and using AVFoundation there's no video but audio plays. Using VTB playback just runs in the background (screen doesn't change after I click) as the icon next to the file name gets the play triangle and there are no more clicks with cursor movement.

My understanding of things is that these should playback but I obviously don't get the HDR portion. If so, should I get you logs?
update to tvOS 11.2 GM, it does fix playback with the mov sample file I posed.

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 06 Dec 2017, 15:05

davilla wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 14:30
cosmoxl wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 22:40
Been out of it lately with moving and not having an ATV4k.

Even though my system is still 1080p I downloaded those LG demo videos for the future.

I just tested them and using AVFoundation there's no video but audio plays. Using VTB playback just runs in the background (screen doesn't change after I click) as the icon next to the file name gets the play triangle and there are no more clicks with cursor movement.

My understanding of things is that these should playback but I obviously don't get the HDR portion. If so, should I get you logs?
update to tvOS 11.2 GM, it does fix playback with the mov sample file I posed.
I'm on the latest. The previous days I turned off beta updates to get the 11.2 release. I'll have to try that mov file.

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 06 Dec 2017, 15:50

davilla wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 12:36
three6zerocool wrote:
I changed suffix to .mkv, but it still does not trigger my LG Oled into Dolby Vision mode.

ie. Your not just seeing the Dolby Vision logo that is overlayed on the video itself?

For LG users, what does it say when you move mouse pointer to top left of screen and double click.

Is there some other setting in MrMC I need to select, as stuffed if that video will trigger Dolby Vision info flag for me.

If I run the Netflix app and play a Dolby Vision show, it instantly shows the Dolby Vision Flag.
I have another test file, https://sylvan.apple.com/Aerials/2x/Vid ... R_HEVC.mov

This is an extracted screensaver, it does flag Dolby Vision.

Things to note when testing:

1) xxx.mkv test files are suspect, they might or might not the right Dolby Vision bits embedded in the video stream
2) xxx.ts have a better chance.
3) xxx.mov have the best chance.

xxx.ts vs xxx.mov use a different demuxer path in FFMpeg.

MediaInfo might or might not indicate Dolby Vision. Same for FFMpeg/FFProbe.
That is a weird file. It sometimes crashes mediainfo (latest version) and when I try to play it back on my PC with MPC-HC with the latest LAV filters and MadVR it's just a garbled matrix of tiny squares. Perhaps my video card (intel HD 520) can't play it.

But, MrMC does play it. Of course, with my non-HDR setup it's all washed out being rec.2020.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 06 Dec 2017, 16:04

cosmoxl wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 15:50
That is a weird file. It sometimes crashes mediainfo (latest version) and when I try to play it back on my PC with MPC-HC with the latest LAV filters and MadVR it's just a garbled matrix of tiny squares. Perhaps my video card (intel HD 520) can't play it.

But, MrMC does play it. Of course, with my non-HDR setup it's all washed out being rec.2020.
Heh, not weird :) Just mediainfo and mpc-hd don't really understand it yet :)

The main issue is that there is a fourcc collision with 'dvh1' . Dolby in their wisdom picked an existing fourcc definition which was for some DVVideo type (https://www.fourcc.org/dvh1/). Most apps assume the original definition. MrMC detects and corrects the codec to HEVC Main10 which gets it vectored to the right place.

The other hint for Dolby Vision is a reported codec of 36.

drkhrse

Post by drkhrse » 06 Dec 2017, 21:58

three6zerocool wrote:

I played the TS file without even needing to change it to MKV extension and it does the Dolby Vision popup and plays fine. What do you have your ATV set to? I have it set to Dolby Vision by default and match Dynamic range and frame rate.

FranknStein7

Post by FranknStein7 » 06 Dec 2017, 22:07

davilla wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 22:01
I've done some poking into Dolby Vision single vs dual layer. The results from MKVmerge are not complete. It does have two video streams (an HDR and SRD) but is missing the enhancement and metadata layers. So while it might play as HDR, the Dolby Vision bits has been left behind.

https://source.android.com/devices/tech/display/hdr (search for 'Dolby Vision extractor support') gives some interesting hints.
Applications may implement their own Dolby-capable extractors as long as they package the access units from the corresponding layers into a single access unit for the decoder as defined by Dolby
This seems to suggest that something similar to a single layer can be constructed from dual layer. But my searches have not uncovered anyone that has does this yet.

“Dolby Vision Video Elementary Stream multiplexing specification” (dovi_proenc_ves_muxing_spec.pdf) might contain more info but that doc cannot be found in google searches. It is referenced in several public Dolby Vision docs such as DolbyVisionInMPEG2TSSpecification_v1.1.pdf .

So end result is MrMC can do single layer Dolby Vision playback on the AppleTV 4K (to a Dolby Vision capable uhdtv). Dual layer remains elusive because the software tools to extract such a beast do not exist in the open yet.
Thanks for the insight! Very little information on this topic. Hopefully one day they'll be some way to extract that metadata and/or some way to convert dual layer files to single layer.