1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.3.0

Locked
User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 2463
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: Testing MrMC 3.3.0

Post by davilla » 25 Nov 2017, 20:40

(20171125-c4410a6)
darwin: tvOS, include dynamic range with display rate switching

User avatar
timstephens24
Posts: 429
Joined: 09 Dec 2015, 22:43

Re: Testing MrMC 3.3.0

Post by timstephens24 » 25 Nov 2017, 20:54

First I was just getting a black screen on SDR content, but completely closing and re-opening MrMC seems to have fixed it. I then tested Aladdin (1080p SDR) and it worked, tested BvS (4K HDR) and it worked, then tested Aladdin (1080p SDR) again and it worked.

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 2463
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: Testing MrMC 3.3.0

Post by davilla » 25 Nov 2017, 21:02

timstephens24 wrote:
25 Nov 2017, 20:54
First I was just getting a black screen on SDR content, but completely closing and re-opening MrMC seems to have fixed it. I then tested Aladdin (1080p SDR) and it worked, tested BvS (4K HDR) and it worked, then tested Aladdin (1080p SDR) again and it worked.
So all is good now ?

User avatar
timstephens24
Posts: 429
Joined: 09 Dec 2015, 22:43

Re: Testing MrMC 3.3.0

Post by timstephens24 » 25 Nov 2017, 21:03

Also I just tested out the Plex trailers on 10 random videos and they all worked (and switched refresh rate!).

Thanks to both of you!

User avatar
timstephens24
Posts: 429
Joined: 09 Dec 2015, 22:43

Re: Testing MrMC 3.3.0

Post by timstephens24 » 25 Nov 2017, 21:04

davilla wrote:
25 Nov 2017, 21:02
timstephens24 wrote:
25 Nov 2017, 20:54
First I was just getting a black screen on SDR content, but completely closing and re-opening MrMC seems to have fixed it. I then tested Aladdin (1080p SDR) and it worked, tested BvS (4K HDR) and it worked, then tested Aladdin (1080p SDR) again and it worked.
So all is good now ?
Yup, all good. No issues that I've run into yet.

Everbrave
Posts: 136
Joined: 30 Dec 2016, 23:03

Re: Testing MrMC 3.3.0

Post by Everbrave » 25 Nov 2017, 22:55

I tested the frame rate switching on panning scenes from "The Martian" and it plays very smooth; the TV displays the frame rate.
Now, my Minix U1 is retired ;)
Thanks a lot for the update :)

barong
Posts: 10
Joined: 07 Nov 2017, 07:33

Re: Testing MrMC 3.3.0

Post by barong » 25 Nov 2017, 23:29

Frame rate and HDR/SDR switching looks to be working fine.
Out of interest you have the default delay set to 4 seconds, is this the recommended delay or can it be lowered without causing issues?

User avatar
timstephens24
Posts: 429
Joined: 09 Dec 2015, 22:43

Re: Testing MrMC 3.3.0

Post by timstephens24 » 26 Nov 2017, 00:18

barong wrote:
25 Nov 2017, 23:29
Frame rate and HDR/SDR switching looks to be working fine.
Out of interest you have the default delay set to 4 seconds, is this the recommended delay or can it be lowered without causing issues?
You can lower it to whatever you want. 4 seconds is a little too long for my TV/AVR combo, but it really depends on how long it takes your devices to switch. My last TV needed it be at 6. Turning it off just starts things playing right away and you might miss a few seconds at the beginning.

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 2463
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: Testing MrMC 3.3.0

Post by davilla » 26 Nov 2017, 01:05

barong wrote:
25 Nov 2017, 23:29
Frame rate and HDR/SDR switching looks to be working fine.
Out of interest you have the default delay set to 4 seconds, is this the recommended delay or can it be lowered without causing issues?
Sure, it can be lowered. I'm at three seconds and seems like it could go lower for my setup.

barong
Posts: 10
Joined: 07 Nov 2017, 07:33

Re: Testing MrMC 3.3.0

Post by barong » 26 Nov 2017, 06:15

Thanks. I’ll do some testing.

Unrelated, but is there any way to hide certain libraries imported using Plex?

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: davilla and 5 guests