1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.3.0

jabohn

Re: Testing MrMC 3.3.0

Post by jabohn » 02 Nov 2017, 00:30

When I play a TV episode, once it's done playing or if I press Menu to back out of it, the selection reverts to the first episode in the list. I could be watching episode 15, and when done playing it's on episode 1.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 02 Nov 2017, 12:38

(20171101-d19d3bb)
cointoss: random stab at fixing codec info crankyness under AVFoundation codec
fixed use videotoolbox for hevc/hdr settings to match videotoolbox visability
darwin: refactor VideoToolBox parameter set handling
fixup: darwin: changed AVFoundation decoder frame rate tracker to perfer dts over pts
add “screensaver.xbmc.builtin.slideshow” , pick a folder and have images slideshow screensaver
webinterface: hide “now playing” if one of the logs is open, it covers log window

People that have had playback issues with HEVC/HDR should retest.

jono23

Post by jono23 » 03 Nov 2017, 22:39

The 60fps movie I had frame rate issues with now works without problems.

three6zerocool

Post by three6zerocool » 04 Nov 2017, 08:58

Hey People.
Had some equipment issues, but back now with a new AppleTV4k and new TV with HDR/Dolby Vision.

So, been messing around with current Testflight build.
Running into an issue that relates to audio.

Specifically, after watching Live TV via Mediaportal PVR addon, including playing recordings made by mediaportal......after a certain period of time, the audio changes to super loud static/noise, which scares the **** out of ya.

When it occurs, I press stop, and then play again, and the audio works correctly again until it next occurs every 30 mins or so.
Anyone else noticed this behaviour?

Am wondering if it is a misconfiguration issue, or something to do with my new TV.

To use Dolby Vision with the Appletv4K, I have had to connect it directly to the ARC enabled HDMI input on my TV, which uses said Audio Return Channel to send the sound back to my Receiver. (as current receiver has not received firmware update for Dolby Vision support)

Currently using ARC via HDMI, but also tried using optical cable with same audio static/noise occurs.
I have checked the AppleTV4k setings, and changed the Audio mode from auto to 16bit, which it says some TV's need.
So, will see if that makes a difference.

Next time it occurs, will capture log file.

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 04 Nov 2017, 09:14

its possible that it happens on commercial break during the recording, you watch the recording in 5.1 and the commercial is broadcast in 2.0 ... bang :)

can you reproduce it on a same recording?

jabohn

Post by jabohn » 04 Nov 2017, 19:11

jabohn wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 00:30
When I play a TV episode, once it's done playing or if I press Menu to back out of it, the selection reverts to the first episode in the list. I could be watching episode 15, and when done playing it's on episode 1.
Anyone else seeing this behaviour too? It's quite annoying.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 05 Nov 2017, 01:54

jabohn wrote:
04 Nov 2017, 19:11
jabohn wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 00:30
Anyone else seeing this behaviour too? It's quite annoying.
which source ? sqlite, mysql, plex, emby ?
How is your sort setup ?
Which view mode ?

three6zerocool

Post by three6zerocool » 05 Nov 2017, 02:40

The audio/static white noise type sound just 'seemed' to appear about every half an hour.
makes it thru more than several sets of ads without issue.

I highlighted the word 'seemed', as I think I have found a solve.

I changed the System/Audio setting 'Optimised' default setting to 'Fixed', and watched TV and recordings successfully for a couple of hours without the audio static cutting in.

Am guessing the audio could have been not correctly detected, so just plays spurious static when changing back to surround sound as you suggested.

Is there any detriment to using Fixed, VS OprimisedVS (3rd option I can not recall) ??.

Am only using Aurio Return Channel until manufacturer releases their firmware update to support Dolby Vision, as can then just use my receiver to route the AppleTV4k to my TV.

Also had opportunity to test the HDR, which MrMC now supports.
Well done by the way.Content looks 'amazingly' good.

Purely for confirmation...... this is just not for AppleTV4k?... ie. AppleTV4 connected to an HDR capable TV can still benefit from Mr MC's HDR processing support?
Reason I ask,as that enabled the setting as per instructions on the forums on my AppleTV4k, and aslo tried it on my AppleTV4 connected to a different HDR capable TV. Don't know if I am imagining things, but the video looks really awesome on my AppleTV4.....seemingly much much much better than it looked before.
Am I imagining things?
(don't think I am)

jabohn

Post by jabohn » 05 Nov 2017, 05:33

davilla wrote:
05 Nov 2017, 01:54
How is your sort setup ?
Which view mode ?
Source: smb share from my Mac
Sort: by episode
View mode: there is no option, it's the episode list for a TV season

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 05 Nov 2017, 07:01

jabohn wrote:
05 Nov 2017, 05:33
davilla wrote:
05 Nov 2017, 01:54
How is your sort setup ?
Which view mode ?
Source: smb share from my Mac
Sort: by episode
View mode: there is no option, it's the episode list for a TV season
I'll check later, mine goes to last unplayed item but there is a setting for it otherwise it goes to the first one.