1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

testing MrMC 3.2.0

Old TestFlight threads
timstephens24

Re: testing MrMC 3.2.0

Post by timstephens24 »

Tested out some of my UHD rips this morning, and they all played really well. The only issue was subtitles were grey instead of white.

I also tested on my iPad Pro 10.5" and it played the HDR files perfectly, except the same subtitle issues as above.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

good catch on subtitles... we will have a look .. thanks!
Itzme1234

Post by Itzme1234 »

Sorry this is a bit off topic but when I go into the tvOS TestFlight I can no longer tell at a glance if MrMc has a new beta or not. Has something changed in TestFlight? Have we always had to click into MrMc in TestFlight to see what's going on (open or update).
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

timstephens24 wrote: 15 Oct 2017, 12:03 Tested out some of my UHD rips this morning, and they all played really well. The only issue was subtitles were grey instead of white.

I also tested on my iPad Pro 10.5" and it played the HDR files perfectly, except the same subtitle issues as above.
This seems to be either an error in the decode of PGS subtitles in FFMpeg or an error in how mkvmerge packages them. Of the five hevc/hdr samples I have, two are wrong, the other three are correct. Go figure :)

But I've added some detection code that checks to see if there is wrong scaling. As the wrong scaling seems to vary, I've made a guess about what looks like wrong scaling. A message will get logged if we apply a correction.
loekf2

Post by loekf2 »

I found a MP4 file with x264 and stereo AAC, which does not want to resume after you stopped playback and want to continue watching.

MrMC just crashes it seems, just hangs.

Only killing and selecting play from beginning helps.

I can send you a copy via Dropbox or iCloud mail, but uploading will take ages. File is approx. 2.9GB.

Maybe remuxing with MKVtoolnix (to a MKV)or re-encoding with Handbrake solves it, did not try that.

Seeking works fine btw, just resume.
loekf2

Post by loekf2 »

Itzme1234 wrote: 15 Oct 2017, 20:34 Sorry this is a bit off topic but when I go into the tvOS TestFlight I can no longer tell at a glance if MrMc has a new beta or not. Has something changed in TestFlight? Have we always had to click into MrMc in TestFlight to see what's going on (open or update).
Not sure what I did, but I am getting emails each time there is a new beta in Testflight.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

loekf2 wrote: 15 Oct 2017, 21:49 I found a MP4 file with x264 and stereo AAC, which does not want to resume after you stopped playback and want to continue watching.

MrMC just crashes it seems, just hangs.

Only killing and selecting play from beginning helps.

I can send you a copy via Dropbox or iCloud mail, but uploading will take ages. File is approx. 2.9GB.

Maybe remuxing with MKVtoolnix (to a MKV)or re-encoding with Handbrake solves it, did not try that.

Seeking works fine btw, just resume.
Turn off VideoToolBox and turn on AVFoundation and see if that makes a difference. Might be related to https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17613
jabohn

Post by jabohn »

Itzme1234 wrote: 15 Oct 2017, 20:34 Sorry this is a bit off topic but when I go into the tvOS TestFlight I can no longer tell at a glance if MrMc has a new beta or not. Has something changed in TestFlight? Have we always had to click into MrMc in TestFlight to see what's going on (open or update).
This started for me when Apple released a new version of the TestFlight app. I think it's that app, not MrMC.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

(20171015-e390987)
pgs subs: some hevc/hdr content with pgs subs have wrong palette scaling
darwin: fixed crash AVFoundation if clock gets removed before process thread terminates
darwin: include FF_PROFILE_HEVC_REXT (HEVC_Main_422_10bit) in revector to AVFoundation, it is 10 bit video
jabohn

Post by jabohn »

I figured out what happened with the skin "glow" on selected items. It was indeed changed. It now glows the color you pick for the skin instead of white like it used to. The problem is that it doesn't work with Dark Blue. It's barely visible on the standard background. It's slightly more noticeable with standard blue and red but not as well as white. It works well with Aqua and Green.

This isn't a good idea I think. It worked way better with just white.