1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

testing MrMC 3.0.7

Old TestFlight threads
amet
Team MrMC

Re: testing MrMC 3.0.7

Post by amet »

3.0.7 (170618.356) is out, more siri remote tweaks... lets see if this is any better :)
Ted377

Post by Ted377 »

The visual focus effects looks better now. However, I still have the problem that I tap the second step a step further. It does not matter whether I go into the settings or the TV programs browse through.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

ameibein wrote: 18 Jun 2017, 02:16 First impressions with Siri, the focus zoom bugged me so I turned it off, for me to keep it on it wouldn't need to be more more subtle (less zoom), and gradual like TVOS, not just instant max zoom. I assume if this becomes default there will be no need to have the blue highlight bar to focus? If so, will there be an option to turn it off? Don't see the point in having two focus methods..

I use the "tap to navigate" technique rather than swiping generally, for me to switch It would need to be a lot more sensitive. Can't we just add user modifiable fields in the input menu? At least for TestFlight, and then have presets to choose for public releases?

I love th double tap for fast scroll.. not sure if it was available prior to this beta but only just read about it.. it seems too quick for me to be practical though, the screens fly by before I know where I'm at.. seems it's made for people with monster libraries? Maybe have different speeds presets for that too.. personally I just tap right to get to the scroll bar and then tap up/down to jump pages.

Anything else I've missed that needs testing?
what is this double tap for fast scroll?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

OK, I'm on 3.0.7 (170618.356) and it's finally usable. ;) I could live with this.

Taps are 90% of where they used to be.

Panning is still too fast for the MrMC skin main menu. But, it seems to be a nice speed for looking at my movie list.

Are there any tricks I'm missing that should be tested?
jamesp26

Post by jamesp26 »

Not a fan of the Siri remote, and had to dig it out and charge it!

Latest release seems a lot better than i remember. Still think it pans through some menus too quick. But the selection zoom is starting to feel more like the apple tv. Its not as smooth as normal appletv menus and has a habit of jerking about.

Using the harmony remote if think the hold button / scroll is far too fast in this release. You get to the end of menus in a flash.

Completely understand the technical challenge of building this in. However, unless you get very close to standard apple tv implementation newbies are always going to struggle unless they are using harmony remotes etc. Not the most useful feedback i know - but i think you are getting much closer.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

new version is out.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 18 Jun 2017, 20:37 new version is out.
OK, with 89708a5 now.

What is intended behavior now with pan auto scroll? I don't have to actually pan - all I have to do is hold my finger on an "edge" and it'll start moving the cursor somewhere. And it seems that panning is still too fast in the main menu with MrMC skin.
jamesp26

Post by jamesp26 »

Testing this again, i think the biggest jarring difference between MrMC and other TvOS interfaces is that MrMC loops through menus. This is more noticeable in small menus such as the home screen. Scroll hard to the right with the siri remote, and you just keep looping through the menus which is just confusing. Do the same in a TvOS app, scrolling stops at the end of the menu. Might be worth adding an option to disable looping through menus.

As a harmony remote user, i like looping through menu's - but i have history with kodi so expect it.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

"loops through menus", that is not stopping when it reaches the start or end of a list is something we are looking into. Known as wrapping in list.

Previously, MrMC dis not use a keymap and sent discrete down/up for each 'key'. For example, up key (like up on the IR remote). The 'up' key was sent as state = down, state = down, etc to release, then state = up. This behavior did not wrap. Discrete events are ok but we really wanted to a keymap working. That maps 'keys' to 'actions'. With a keymap, we can alter behavior depending on which window/view is in focus. Without having to mess about with complicated code logic.

We now send actions, like an up action. This is like up key, state = down state = up. Multiple up actions, look like you pressed, then release, multiple times. As there is no way to tell the difference between an intended wrap and non-intended wrap.

Scroll actions do not wrap. This is why then you hold and trigger auto-repeat, it 1st starts with up/down/right/left actions, then switches to up/down/right/left scroll actions after a few seconds. Scrolls are a way to very quickly scroll through a list and since they do not wrap, they stop when they hit the start or end.
Itzme1234

Post by Itzme1234 »

(170618.1838). Don't like. Initially it all feels delayed then it over-does the intended motion, Way too sensitive. I usually use a 3rd party remote so it's not a problem for me. I only picked up the ATV remote as a effort to help test :)