1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

testing MrMC 3.0.6

Old TestFlight threads
davilla
Team MrMC

testing MrMC 3.0.6

Post by davilla »

How to request Testflight access: Send an email to [email protected] with the subject "I'll be back", include your email address tied to device, which flavor (tvOS, iOS or GooglePlay). Users that are already in testflight 3.0.5 are already in this series.

Live for tvOS/Amazon/GooglePlay.
For GooglePlay Beta Testers only, https://play.google.com/apps/testing/tv.mrmc.mrmc
For Amazon. Note, if you opted-out of Amazon marketing communications, you will not get the notification email.

With this series we get serious about smb issues and have added logging to try and track down issues. So, if you are having smb issues, the 1st thing we will be asking for is debuglog.

(20170601-a64a4e1)
core: revert host/ip lookup fallbacks
core: changed CDNSNameCache::Lookup to use libdsm netbios lookup as fallback. log the snot of of this routine
core: add logging to CPasswordManager:AuthenticateURL
davidvb

Re: testing MrMC 3.0.6

Post by davidvb »

Ah good. Since previous release mrmc for tvOS has been completely unusable for me, for the first time ever! And indeed, I do use SMB (with my synology nas.)

Happy to see it's getting some TLC and that apparently it wasn't just me. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

davidvb wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 15:26 Ah good. Since previous release mrmc for tvOS has been completely unusable for me, for the first time ever! And indeed, I do use SMB (with my synology nas.)

Would really like to see a debuglog so we can see what it is doing under your setup. You can either a) post URL here or email it to support.mrmc.tv .
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

https://pastebin.com/CF8Ea1x7

Another log of libdsm not seeing my desktop, called "desktop", when I'm browsing to add a new source. I'm not concerned about it since libsmbclient still works. But, I thought you might want to see it.
jabohn

Post by jabohn »

I turned off SMBup, turned on the built-in SMB sharing in macOS and I get the same problems as before.
"Working" and then it asks me for the password. If I put the password in here it just repeats.

https://pastebin.com/WcatkNwe
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

jabohn wrote: 03 Jun 2017, 22:02 I turned off SMBup, turned on the built-in SMB sharing in macOS and I get the same problems as before.
"Working" and then it asks me for the password. If I put the password in here it just repeats.

https://pastebin.com/WcatkNwe
thx, ok. that was libsmbclient, it's trying to authenticate using a set user/pass.

DEBUG: CPasswordManager:AuthenticateURL hasUserPass(1), path(smb://USERNAME:[email protected]:445/My Book/Wallpaper/Lake.jpg)

OSX can have issues with libsmbclient, now try libdsm.
jabohn

Post by jabohn »

Okay... what the. I always had libdsm enabled before. I didn't know it got disabled. So now it works once I've re-enabled it.

P.S. the library scans seems to be blazing fast now. A few versions ago the scan was really slow with libdsm enabled.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

jabohn wrote: 03 Jun 2017, 22:52 Okay... what the. I always had libdsm enabled before. I didn't know it got disabled. So now it works once I've re-enabled it.

P.S. the library scans seems to be blazing fast now. A few versions ago the scan was really slow with libdsm enabled.
yes, "57358b1ab8 core: libdsm, bring back session caching and watch lib updates fly"
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

davidvb wrote: 02 Jun 2017, 15:26 Ah good. Since previous release mrmc for tvOS has been completely unusable for me, for the first time ever! And indeed, I do use SMB (with my synology nas.)

I use NFS with my Synology NAS (faster due to smaller overhead), any reason you prefer SMB instead?
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Everbrave wrote: 04 Jun 2017, 12:28 any reason you prefer SMB instead?
Most people don't use it because they don't know it's an option that they can set up since it's not on by default.