1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

testing MrMC 3.0.3

Old TestFlight threads
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: testing MrMC 3.0.3

Post by davilla » 18 Apr 2017, 21:33

electronics worked, it was the software that was borked :)

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 18 Apr 2017, 21:43

davilla wrote:
18 Apr 2017, 21:33
electronics worked, it was the software that was borked :)
:ugeek:

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 18 Apr 2017, 21:51

I should update my qnap plex server. It's much older than the one on the i7.

Looxoor

testing MrMC 3.0.3

Post by Looxoor » 18 Apr 2017, 22:11

Ok, this is nothing specific to this release but I figured if it's easy enough and you consider it worthwhile, might as well get it out while still doing testflight.
  • I mentioned it in a previous thread and I think it's kind of important; setting a timeout for mysql connection on startup. As of now, if mrmc fails to connect to server (it might just be in the specific case of trying to reach an online server that refuses connection due to firewall settings, but still), it'll just keep retrying indefinitely. So if you've messed up there all you can do is either get the server set up correctly or reinstall mrmc.
  • Under settings, Internet there's an option called "max readrate factor" which supposedly should work wonders with buffer underruns etc. The help text however isn't very helpful as it doesn't say what numeric range is allowed or what the number means/does. Maybe a drop down if there aren't too many numbers, preferably with some kind of human readable options?
  • Clicking on it invokes a numeric keypad which on ember skin doesn't have a cancel-button, nor can you cancel the input with menu button as it just clears the input.
That's it for now, hope I'm not too much of a pain in the ass...

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 18 Apr 2017, 22:33

I'm about to give up testing plex transcoding. I can't imagine how frustrated davilla and amet must be with it as frustrated as I am.

Sometimes it'll work, other times it won't. No rhyme or reason.

There's still a bug somewhere with some transcodes not starting - plex status says direct play in error and the video stops after a few seconds. Every file I've tested has at some point actually transcoded properly but it's such a mess I certainly couldn't recommend it to somebody else.

I'm also realizing that selecting what's supposed to be the video bitrate also affects the audio that plex makes if transcode to AAC is NOT selected. Depending on the bitrate selection and source audio I'll then get transcoding to EAC3, or AAC. It's obvious plex is a mess because it shouldn't be transcoding audio at all.

I'm tempted to try emby!

Msan2000

Post by Msan2000 » 19 Apr 2017, 00:49

ok, I have installed the latest version.

I can now see the TV section and the Anime Series section and play them.

But there are still some issues.

If I stop a TV series before finishing it, it will not show up in the unwatched filter. if I set it to all videos, it will show up with the % that is watched/unwatched.

my Movies and Anime Movies section now don't give an error when trying to access them, but will show no movies whatsoever.

Amet, you still have access if you want to check it out..
if you need anything else, let me know..

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 19 Apr 2017, 04:28

Msan2000 wrote:
19 Apr 2017, 00:49
ok, I have installed the latest version.

I can now see the TV section and the Anime Series section and play them.

But there are still some issues.

If I stop a TV series before finishing it, it will not show up in the unwatched filter. if I set it to all videos, it will show up with the % that is watched/unwatched.
I will check that

EDIT: found, fixed.. thanks!
Msan2000 wrote:
19 Apr 2017, 00:49
my Movies and Anime Movies section now don't give an error when trying to access them, but will show no movies whatsoever.

Amet, you still have access if you want to check it out..
if you need anything else, let me know..
I can see all 710 of your movies here, even attempted to play one and all is good. you can check on your server that I played it :)

movies-Anime are having a trouble, I'll dig more into it

EDIT: on restart all was ok, if you are not seeing the section you can go "left-click"/"remote left" and select "update library" that will fetch new items from server.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 19 Apr 2017, 11:48

Looxoor wrote:
18 Apr 2017, 22:11
Ok, this is nothing specific to this release but I figured if it's easy enough and you consider it worthwhile, might as well get it out while still doing testflight.
[*]Under settings, Internet there's an option called "max readrate factor" which supposedly should work wonders with buffer underruns etc. The help text however isn't very helpful as it doesn't say what numeric range is allowed or what the number means/does. Maybe a drop down if there aren't too many numbers, preferably with some kind of human readable options?
"max readrate factor" is deprecated now. It does nothing and will get removed in a later version. MrMC has unclamped reads and it will now read as fast as it needs to fill any buffers/cache. On some test boxes, I see up to 70MB/s bursts from local servers.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 19 Apr 2017, 11:50

cosmoxl wrote:
18 Apr 2017, 22:33
I'm about to give up testing plex transcoding. I can't imagine how frustrated davilla and amet must be with it as frustrated as I am.

Sometimes it'll work, other times it won't. No rhyme or reason.

There's still a bug somewhere with some transcodes not starting - plex status says direct play in error and the video stops after a few seconds. Every file I've tested has at some point actually transcoded properly but it's such a mess I certainly couldn't recommend it to somebody else.

I'm also realizing that selecting what's supposed to be the video bitrate also affects the audio that plex makes if transcode to AAC is NOT selected. Depending on the bitrate selection and source audio I'll then get transcoding to EAC3, or AAC. It's obvious plex is a mess because it shouldn't be transcoding audio at all.

I'm tempted to try emby!
No transcode in emby (yet), that's phase 2. Like I mentioned, Plex transcode is about to enter the construction zone after we get 3.0.3 out.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 19 Apr 2017, 11:52

Yes, if you are not seeing the section you can go "left-click"/"remote left" and select "update library" that will fetch items (from scratch) from server.

This is a bug we are chasing. It's only happened to me twice over hundreds of startups/fetches so rather hard to figure out and find.