1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

testing MrMC 3.0.3

Old TestFlight threads
davilla
Team MrMC

testing MrMC 3.0.3

Post by davilla »

How to request Testflight access: Send an email to [email protected] with the subject "Be Kind, Rewind", include your email address tied to device, which flavor (tvOS, iOS or GooglePlay).

Live for tvOS and Shield. iOS pending.
Enabled for GooglePlay Beta Testers only, https://play.google.com/apps/testing/tv.mrmc.mrmc
Enabled for Amazon FireTV2 only. Note, if you opted-out of Amazon marketing communications, you will not get the notification email.

Changes:
- plex: fixed 3D SBS detection
- homeshelf: various fixes
- homeshelf: support both recently added and in progress item on (skin dependent)
- emby: added new native emby client
Movies/TVShows and Music views are supported. Owned/Shared resources. Two ways to login, 1 ) Login by user/pass via browse by broadcast. local emby servers only. 2) Login by Pin. Supports owned/shared resources, also supported picking which shares you want to see. We do expect to find corner case issues :)

20170412-c5e5d10
- fixed, tvOS. Pause/Play using play/pause button did not dismiss OS screensaver
- core, added audio silence factor selector
- core: changed. HLS is a realtime stream, flag it as such

20170417-1588615
- emby client fixes, allow empty password (user/pass signin)
- emby/plex client fixes, base64 -> base64Url
- fixed OS screensaver for droid
- fixed, auto close OSD after 3 sec inactivity

20170419-0b29595
- emby: fixed partialy watched flag
- emby: refactor how we check emby items are valid

20170424-e6c4622
- emby: Nth pass at fixing watched status
- re-add allow .filepart video extension
- mysql: add SETTING_MYSQL_TIMEOUT setting to MySQL service
- core: silence dev logging
- core: fixed, some (GOPro) videos lie about ref frames needed
- core: remove ".." from root mediawindows that contain services

testflight 3.0.3 is closed now. Rolling towards a release.
cosmoxl

Re: testing MrMC 3.0.3

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 07 Apr 2017, 12:10 How to request Testflight access: Send an email to [email protected] with the subject "Be Kind, Rewind", include your email address tied to device, which flavor (tvOS, iOS or GooglePlay).

Pending for tvOS, iOS and Shield. Looking into Amazon devices.

Changes:
- plex: fixed 3D SBS detection
- homeshelf: various fixes
- homeshelf: support both recently added and in progress item on (skin dependent)
- emby: added new native emby client
Movies/TVShows and Music views are supported. Owned/Shared resources. Two ways to login, 1 ) Login by user/pass via browse by broadcast. local emby servers only. 2) Login by Pin. Supports owned/shared resources, also supported picking which shares you want to see. We do expect to find corner case issues :)
Why the subject "be kind, rewind" ?? :)

Since I don't use 3D or emby should I take part?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Subject lines: Started doing this with the last testflight series. Just Feeble attempt at humor and want to make sure that users are paying attention :) Plus makes email list sorting easier.

There are other changes besides the addition of a native Emby Client. Also willing users might want to be sure we did not mess up normal (sqlite/myslq) or native Plex Client usage :)
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 07 Apr 2017, 14:35 Subject lines: Started doing this with the last testflight series. Just Feeble attempt at humor and want to make sure that users are paying attention :) Plus makes email list sorting easier.

There are other changes besides the addition of a native Emby Client. Also willing users might want to be sure we did not mess up normal (sqlite/myslq) or native Plex Client usage :)
OK, I just thought maybe something changed with rewind function in the app. :)

Email sent in.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

HAHA, for those that remember renting video tapes (VHS/BETAMAX). There would be a sign on the store. "Be Kind, Rewind". As in please rewind your rented tapes before returning them. :)
tredman

Post by tredman »

I was a member of the previous beta for the shield, am I still in or do I need to rerequest?

Sadly I am old enough to remember 'Be kind, rewind'. I also remember being fined for not rewinding too!
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 07 Apr 2017, 16:37 HAHA, for those that remember renting video tapes (VHS/BETAMAX). There would be a sign on the store. "Be Kind, Rewind". As in please rewind your rented tapes before returning them. :)
oh, I definitely remember it. and people renting VCRs too. weird time in history. industry has definitely made advances in producing electronics cheaper.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

tredman wrote: 07 Apr 2017, 17:23 I was a member of the previous beta for the shield, am I still in or do I need to rerequest?

Sadly I am old enough to remember 'Be kind, rewind'. I also remember being fined for not rewinding too!
Yes please, do a new request. We purge out the previous testflight lists.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

tvOS/GooglePlay testflights are live, iOS to follow in a few days.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

davilla wrote: 09 Apr 2017, 11:10 tvOS/GooglePlay testflights are live, iOS to follow in a few days.
A few notes:
Emby seems 2X slower than Plex to provide root media content lists. So we added local caching of "Movies" and "TVShows". The 1st pull will be 3-4 seconds, depending on number of items. Once pulled, these items will cache and be updated via the Emby websocket API. You can force a pull/update using the 'Update Library" button on the left side out (default skin).

You can trim the list of Emby servers in Emby Client settings, this feature will eventually show up for Plex Client.