1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

testing MrMC 3.0.3

Old TestFlight threads
amet
Team MrMC

Re: testing MrMC 3.0.3

Post by amet »

@Msan2000

thanks for adding me in, helped trace the issue.

we have no hopefully fixed it and I get full listing of your movies and your shows, including anime. It will be in the next tesflight, or whatever the android equivalent is called.

please check it and once you are happy you can remove me as user on your server.
Msan2000

Post by Msan2000 »

amet wrote: 16 Apr 2017, 17:18 @Msan2000

thanks for adding me in, helped trace the issue.

we have no hopefully fixed it and I get full listing of your movies and your shows, including anime. It will be in the next tesflight, or whatever the android equivalent is called.

please check it and once you are happy you can remove me as user on your server.
Thanks Amet!

I will test it once the updated version comes through..
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

20170417-1588615 rolling out.

Is out for all.

emby client:
allow empty password
handle 'folders' and multiple views of same category
fixed bad paths, use base64Url instead of base64
change homeshelf selector to none/local/all servers

plex client:
fixed bad paths, use base64Url instead of base64
change homeshelf selector to none/local/all servers

Enabled OS screensaver for Android/Darwin.
Auto close OSD after 3 sec inactivity
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

OK, testing plex transcoding.

1) I think things are better but still not 100%.

2) I still have a file (of many tested) that won't transcode for some reason. There may be more that I didn't happen to test.

3) I have several that didn't transcode properly at first but if I stopped then started, maybe a few times, they'd eventually transcode properly.

4) There is still no buffering happening (forward: 0B) when transcoding.

5) Skipping forward almost always results in a crash of playback, then back to previous screen after some time.

6) Also, as I reported some time ago, transcoding movies that are in parts, where plex combines them into a virtual one, doesn't work. If I select play from here the file direct plays as if transcoding isn't turned on.

Will more logs help with any of this? It seems like they would just be the same things as I've posted before.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

plex transcoding is being bitchy :) The problem is we pick HLS format so we can support seeks and resumes. But HLS vectors direct to FFMpeg where there is zero buffering. I have some test code up to try and do some custom io callbacks from FFMpeg where we can get some forum of caching in place. But we can't testflight that until after 3.0.3 drops to release.

I noticed in VLC, they do their own handling of HLS. So do other media apps. None of the other big players use FFMPeg for HLS handling.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

nevermind :)
Last edited by cosmoxl on 18 Apr 2017, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

I was seeing 65MB/s pulling from local plex servers over 802.11ac.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 18 Apr 2017, 20:32 I was seeing 65MB/s pulling from local plex servers over 802.11ac.
yep, forget what I said there. Amazingly it is a problem with the PMS machine. I can upload to the network drive at 32MBytes/s, but download is only about 2Mbytes/s. LOL I don't know when that began but I'll install updates and reboot and see where we go...
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

I do see a very big difference between the main plex server (on a quad atom qnap) vs a test plex server running on my linux dev box (i7, ssd's and a shit pot of ram).
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 18 Apr 2017, 20:54 I do see a very big difference between the main plex server (on a quad atom qnap) vs a test plex server running on my linux dev box (i7, ssd's and a shit pot of ram).
So, after reboot the PMS machine could download from the network drive at 70MByte/s. I went and tested plex transcoding and ....yeah....even the one that didn't work now works. Good grief, I wish electronics would just work.