1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.4.1

timstephens24

Re: Testing MrMC 3.4.1

Post by timstephens24 » 22 Jan 2018, 23:44

cosmoxl wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 23:42
As it is now in the latest build multiple clicks left or right increment up non-linearly. So, I see no reason for a special double click which might cause more trouble than it's worth.
The incremental up/down in a non-linear fashion is customizable. Mine's set as just 30 sec forward and 10 sec back.

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 22 Jan 2018, 23:50

timstephens24 wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 23:44
cosmoxl wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 23:42
As it is now in the latest build multiple clicks left or right increment up non-linearly. So, I see no reason for a special double click which might cause more trouble than it's worth.
The incremental up/down in a non-linear fashion is customizable. Mine's set as just 30 sec forward and 10 sec back.
But the default is non-linear and I believe even though we may be "advanced" users, we should work to make the app work the best for new or non-advanced users. That means we assume the non-linear increment is a basis for decisions IMO.

timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 » 22 Jan 2018, 23:51

Right, but this still wouldn't affect them if setup properly. Quick double click and you skip a chapter. Normal double click and jump whatever is set. Works great in another app I use :shrug:

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 22 Jan 2018, 23:54

timstephens24 wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 23:51
Right, but this still wouldn't affect them if setup properly. Quick double click and you skip a chapter. Normal double click and jump whatever is set. Works great in another app I use :shrug:
I admit, I'd like a chapter jump still. But, I was willing to let that go now with the scrubbing thumbnail.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 23 Jan 2018, 00:58

timstephens24 wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 23:51
Quick double click vis Normal double click, that sounds complicated

Right now, using defaults.
click gets 10 secs.
click, click, gets 30 secs.
click, click, click gets 1 min.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 23 Jan 2018, 01:00

up/down in core is big seek (30 sec) or chapter for video, next chan up/down if pvr.

logan_x50

Post by logan_x50 » 23 Jan 2018, 09:47

it could be i'm a novice swiper but i'm having trouble with the siri remote. if i'm on the home page swiping left is hit and miss. sometimes it opens the drawer, somethings not. if i'm in system settings and i swipe left i notice it will often highlight the option to the left and immediately spring back to the right. could be a problem between sofa and remote?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 23 Jan 2018, 12:59

logan_x50 wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 09:47
it could be i'm a novice swiper but i'm having trouble with the siri remote. if i'm on the home page swiping left is hit and miss. sometimes it opens the drawer, somethings not. if i'm in system settings and i swipe left i notice it will often highlight the option to the left and immediately spring back to the right. could be a problem between sofa and remote?
Swipe novice :) There is one issue we are trying to resolve. Jumping out of a 'view' on a swipe. The behavior we want is to permit fast swiping in a view, But to move between views, it takes a tap.

Think of a collection of items as a view, like InProgress for movies or tvshows. Same for the home items to left (in opacity). When you are in InProgress and swipe fast to left, focus can jump out of that view, into home items, then continue to pop out the left slide out, hit the left button and wrap around back to home items. The slide out is actually part of the view that contains home items.

Complicating this is while the skins tend to have items grouped in 'views', skinner can get sloppy and the items might or might not be fully contained inside the 'view'. Core does not care and there was not a debug mode to shows item/group bounds. We have that now and can turn it on to see what core and tvOS focus are doing. Here's a movie that shows that in action, https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdtr81sp76qbr ... 8.MOV?dl=0 White frames are 'views', green are things that can take focus, orange is the item in focus.

Complicating this, the home items and the items in the slide out are core buttons, core allows wrapping in buttons. You can see this by tapping. So if in the slide out, on a far left button, tap left and core wraps focus back to a home item. Core was designed long ago for simple key/ir remotes, not swiping around to move focus. Thus the ability to wrap. Native tvOS buttons don't wrap.

System settings is a collection of core buttons. That's why navigation in there can jump around if fast swiping.

Anyway, to move around fast, swipe. For precision, tap or pan.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 23 Jan 2018, 13:33

3.4.1 beta is live on Google Play, anyone else than me try it ?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 23 Jan 2018, 16:47

Pretty quiet here :) Just a note, we have over 100 users in testflight, but we only get a handful actually posting here. I smell a purge coming.