1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.4.1

Old TestFlight threads
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Testing MrMC 3.4.1

Post by davilla » 19 Jan 2018, 01:49

Ah, click on left/right edge, not tap :)

timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 » 19 Jan 2018, 02:00

Haha yeah :thumbsup:

three6zerocool

Post by three6zerocool » 19 Jan 2018, 08:47

Ok, installed latest testflight build.
Discovered slight issue right away.... Cursor control is busted for 3rd party remotes.

I use a Harmony Elite remote via Bluetooth.
With latest build, can not skip forward or back using left and right arrow keys. larger increment skipping using up and down arrow keys is dead too.

Reinstalled previous build 3.41 (180113.2009) and cursor keys on my Harmony remote work again.

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 19 Jan 2018, 09:01

three6zerocool wrote:
19 Jan 2018, 08:47
Ok, installed latest testflight build.
Discovered slight issue right away.... Cursor control is busted for 3rd party remotes.

I use a Harmony Elite remote via Bluetooth.
With latest build, can not skip forward or back using left and right arrow keys. larger increment skipping using up and down arrow keys is dead too.

Reinstalled previous build 3.41 (180113.2009) and cursor keys on my Harmony remote work again.
Please see previous posts and explanation on what we have done with Siri remote handling. This is intentional, hit select (ok) and you can scrub...

Or enable remote expert mode and it will behave like it was before..

hanzoh

Post by hanzoh » 19 Jan 2018, 10:47

Hi,

I'm trying the latest build on an Apple TV 4K and have issues with deinterlacing on 1080i channels.
I have both VideoToolBox and AVFoundation enabled, Deinterlacing is set to Auto and "Deinterlace" (saved for all Videos).

For some channels I get skipped frames, some channels are blocky/pixelated during movements.
When I set Deinterlacing to Off, both problems disappear but picture quality is obviously worse (as expected for interlaced content).

Is there a known issue or am I using wrong settings?

Kind regards
hanzoh

three6zerocool

Post by three6zerocool » 19 Jan 2018, 12:34

Tried the new navigation with Siri Remote. Kinda cool.
Is not for me tho, am too acclimated to original method of video skipping with my 3rd party remote.

Using Harmony Elite, the new scrubbing is OK, but seems painfully awkward and counter intuitive to this older chap. I guess it really is hard to break established habits and muscle memory.

Glad to have fall back to how it was tho, as I would have had to can MrMC and go back to other software, as really hate the new behavior using my Harmony remote.

Found the expert mode option as advised. (Thank you very much)
It did not take until after a restart of Mr MC, but after that, previous functionality is back.

MrMC gets to live for another day.
Just kidding.... Would probably still use MrMC, but would not enjoy it so much without the existing skip functions on the Bluetooth enabled Harmony.

Each to their own I guess. Unity thru diversity.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 19 Jan 2018, 13:52

three6zerocool wrote:
19 Jan 2018, 12:34
Is not for me tho, am too acclimated to original method of video skipping with my 3rd party remote.

Using Harmony Elite, the new scrubbing is OK, but seems painfully awkward and counter intuitive to this older chap. I guess it really is hard to break established habits and muscle memory.

Glad to have fall back to how it was tho, as I would have had to can MrMC and go back to other software, as really hate the new behavior using my Harmony remote.

It did not take until after a restart of Mr MC, but after that, previous functionality is back.

Just kidding.... Would probably still use MrMC, but would not enjoy it so much without the existing skip functions on the Bluetooth enabled Harmony.

Set Siri expert mode and it should behave exactly as before.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 19 Jan 2018, 14:02

something wonky going on with deinterlacers, not sure what, did not tamper in that area of code.

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 19 Jan 2018, 14:44

hanzoh wrote:
19 Jan 2018, 10:47
Hi,

I'm trying the latest build on an Apple TV 4K and have issues with deinterlacing on 1080i channels.
I have both VideoToolBox and AVFoundation enabled, Deinterlacing is set to Auto and "Deinterlace" (saved for all Videos).

For some channels I get skipped frames, some channels are blocky/pixelated during movements.
When I set Deinterlacing to Off, both problems disappear but picture quality is obviously worse (as expected for interlaced content).

Is there a known issue or am I using wrong settings?

Kind regards
hanzoh
ffmpeg is used for that content anyway. so VTB or AVF don't matter.

I've mentioned deinterlace skipping or dropping frames as well, as with some content it can't seem to keep a cadence/pattern lock.

Itzme1234

Post by Itzme1234 » 19 Jan 2018, 15:46

three6zerocool wrote:
19 Jan 2018, 12:34

I'm also a 3rd party remote user. I'm a little unsure still if I prefer Expert on or off. Ideally I'd like to have my scrubbing cake and eat it too (skip forward/back). Ideally my Skip Forward/Back buttons would work and the >> << would enable scrubbing, without having to pause. I suppose that's impossible, so I'll keep testing both way to see what I like best.

If I had to prioritize features, I probably SKIP BACK a few seconds way more than I perform any other form of trickplay FF/REW searching.